Cheese *addiction* supposedly validated by science

Options

Replies

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Thought so. It triggers dopamine, which is now recognized as an anticipation response. Merely thinking about pizza can give us a lovely dopamine rush.

Or, in other words, happy thoughts make you happy?
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I knew I wasn't the only one heating nacho cheese in a spoon so I can get it into the needle!

lol, Velveeta melts better than cheddar...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I believe I said something in my addiction thread about rats having a similar response to both fat and sugar. What interests me about the posts I've seen here -- and will interest me in the future -- is the amount of credulity the community here and the blogosphere meets this study with.

I'm thinking of the blind acceptance in some quarters of the absolute "addictive" nature of sugar, but say it's cheese? Well, then we apply critical thinking. (Not saying this is necessarily true of the posters already on this thread so far, I'm just... waiting for it.)

In other news, I thought pizza scoring highest on the YFAS was old news.

Well...cheese does contain lactose...so SUGAR IS DA DEBIL!!!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options

Velveeta is such a gateway cheese. First thing you know, kids are experimenting with a little V, then the next thing you know, they're in a dark alley looking for their next hit of Brie, Camembert, or, God forbid, Roquefort.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    OMG, they have got to stop using the word "addiction" so flippantly. Yes, technically anything that causes a boost in endorphin levels can become addictive. But for real? Every time they post one of these things all I can think is 'how disrespectful this is to ACTUAL addicts of cocaine, or heroin, or alcohol, or any of the many actually dangerous and godawful addictive substances that can destroy your life". As an ex smoker, I'm calling BS.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Mainlining ricotta! :sick:
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options

Velveeta is such a gateway cheese. First thing you know, kids are experimenting with a little V, then the next thing you know, they're in a dark alley looking for their next hit of Brie, Camembert, or, God forbid, Roquefort.

LOL I love this!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Mainlining ricotta! :sick:

Where do I sign up?
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I believe I said something in my addiction thread about rats having a similar response to both fat and sugar. What interests me about the posts I've seen here -- and will interest me in the future -- is the amount of credulity the community here and the blogosphere meets this study with.

I'm thinking of the blind acceptance in some quarters of the absolute "addictive" nature of sugar, but say it's cheese? Well, then we apply critical thinking. (Not saying this is necessarily true of the posters already on this thread so far, I'm just... waiting for it.)

In other news, I thought pizza scoring highest on the YFAS was old news.

+1

The pizza thing is old news, as is people -- as well as rats -- having a similar brain response to sugar and fat.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

ROFLOL
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options

Youth these days... What happened to a little wine and grilled cheese on the weekends?
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    97nzq3fgqqoe.jpg

haha!
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Forget science; my thighs don't validate a cheese addiction. :p
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    If it really was casein, wouldn't we all be mainlining casein protein powder?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »

Wait. You're not?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »

I've never tried it. Maybe I'll go to the hard stuff once my cheese usage goes beyond the recreational.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    We all know it's not CHEESE that's worrisome.........

e8x32oopeo9f.jpg