Intro - Hi All!

Options
My name is Marissa.

I've been using this website now for a few months (so not really new I guess), but I'm just starting to recognize and use all of its features.

I would love to make some friends here and join some groups. I find with this lifestyle change, a lot of my friends who continue to overeat, or eat unhealthy foods are slowly drifting away now that I'm a little more health conscious.

I'm a 24 yo Single Mother of a beautiful baby girl. Setting goals has always been hard for me, but looking at her and knowing that I am her role model, and that she learns from and absorbs what I do, say and eat has been keeping me motivated. Teaching her the importance of a healthy lifestyle is my main goal here as well as proving to myself that I CAN do this. I can be that girl who's not afraid to wear a bikini.

I love to read, write, swim, hike and camp. I love stand-up comedy, hockey, camping, bonfires and a ton of other things...

Anyway, that's enough about me. Feel free to shoot me a friend request if you'd like.

Or reply here, and we can chat a bit!

Replies

• julie_1217
    julie_1217 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Added you :)
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If I'm not afraid to wear a bikini, you shouldn't be either!

Seriously though, congrats on making a change, especially for your daughter. Kids tend to be very motivating. For difficulty setting goals, try some really small ones first to see progress, makes the larger ones seem less difficult.
  • MarMcGrath
    MarMcGrath Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey Matt, thanks for your response!

My coach at the gym recommended the same thing! She helps me set daily, weekly and monthly goals. I've never felt so ambitious in my life haha!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Forums ..... I wish you nothing but the best ..... Feel free to add me :)