Good apps for bridging to 10k?

Options
faith_76
faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
Any recommendations? I will finish c25k app by zen labs tomorrow and want to continue on. I've looked at the zen labs 10k app but feel like I would be back tracking by going down to 10 min intervals.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I was just going to say that Zen Labs has a 10k app! :tongue:

I had a gap between when I finished their 5k app and picked up the 10k version, and I also felt weird going back to the intervals. I actually never finished the program - I had two weeks left and was hating it, but I think it was a combination of still doing intervals, which I felt threw me off my pace & the rhythm of the run, and because it was August and too stinkin' hot for me to be running after 8am (and my kid was back in school, so couldn't do early runs).

Overall, I think the program worked great and would have been easier had I not been running when it was so hot. But I stopped with two weeks to go, started running shorter distances before school, and went back to building my distance on my own once the weather cooled.

So I suppose I'm not really answering your question, am I... LOL Sorry! Maybe give the Zen Labs app a shot since you used their 5k app, and it basically just continues on.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I've started the Active 5-10k app after doing their C25kapp all the way through. They too drop down to 20 minutes from a 30 minute run, but they expect you to go faster from the first time. They also start doing speed intervals from the second run in - instead of walk/run like in the C25app. It does seem more challenging - but that is partly what you choose to put into it yourself. If you find a really good app in your quest please post it.
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Bump

Search lolo...there is a 10K app. I've really liked the apps that thy have done.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    can't you just go for a run??
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    can't you just go for a run??

^This. It seems like you are doing great pushing it...I don't think you need an app at all to get you to your 10k. The app isn't doing the work and I think you can use anything (app, pen and paper, watch/HRM timer) to track your progress. Congrats so far and just keep at it for your goal :)
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    If you are running regularly now and are able to run for 30 minutes without stopping, I would just stuff the intervals and go find a beginner 10k plan. I like hal higdon's plans. Straigth running, gradually increases mileage over several weeks. This is what I did after I got up to 3 miles. Worked for me.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    RunDouble has a lot of workouts starting with a mile going to C25K, to 8 to 10 and beyond. Definitely worth the price.