anyone else cutting during the winter? meal ideas

Options
So I'm currently cutting as my BF% is 23%, going to cut and then do a mini bulk early next year and then cut again in time for summer. Anyone else cutting during winter?

What are se high protein/low carb meal ideas?
I usually have breakfast 4.20am(meal 1) porridge with 1 weetabix biscuit and a protein shake with 150ml semi skimmed milk. 7.30-9am depending on how long I spend In the gym(Meal 2) post workout a protein shake and banana, 11.30am (meal 3) an apple , 1.30pm (Meal 4) lunch, chicken and sweet potato/vegetables, 3.30-4 (meal 5) mixture of dried fruit and almonds, 7pm (meal 6) Chicken/salmon/tuna and vegetables.

Is my diet OK? I was wondering if snacks like apples and nuts count as 'meals'. I work as a PA so I can't have proper meals on the go.

Any suggestions on how my diet should maybe be altered?

Thanks guys

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    What are your macros set to? Usually when you cut you start out very balanced before moving to carb cycling or lower carb.
  • diyadiamonds
    diyadiamonds Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    What are your macros set to? Usually when you cut you start out very balanced before moving to carb cycling or lower carb.

About 2000 calories, 170g protein 73g fat and 165g carbs
  • diyadiamonds
    diyadiamonds Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm not carb cycling or reducing carbs yet, however in the last 3 weeks I've only lost 2 pounds, at which point do I increase my protein and decrease my carbs?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

About 2000 calories, 170g protein 73g fat and 165g carbs

You could start out with protein lower. 1 gram per pound of lean body mass is more than adequate on a cut. You could even drop to .8g per pound of lean body mass. That would give you more carbs to start out with.