Lost 12 thru diet...need help getting motivated to exercise! What did you do to get started?!!

Options
CH2828
CH2828 Posts: 30 Member
I started eating smaller portions this summer. Then moved to counting calories in September. I'm down about 12 but i have been on a plateau for at least 3 weeks?! I know I need to start moving but I'm having trouble getting started?!! Anyone else have this problem?!

Also, all my old MFP peeps are inactive right now. Would love to add some new people to help stay motivated??!

Replies

• vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've plateaued before. Re-evaluate the calories you're taking in. That may mean setting a goal of 100 calories less than what you're currently taking in. Make sure you're keeping accurate with weighing your food. As for exercise, it's a perk to weight loss but not necessary, so do something YOU like to do. Walking, gardening, dancing? Just moving will help.
  • CH2828
    CH2828 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I think I hit a true plateau. I was measuring, and weighing all food at 1200 calories a day. Or lower. I lost several pounds during the month then it just wouldn't budge.... So I increased it to 1450 to build my metabolis. I just now have started to move down ever so slowly. I know I need to be more active tho!