Getting RE-STARTED... Looking for others who are working on weight loss goals.

Options
CH2828
CH2828 Posts: 30 Member
I started eating smaller portions this summer. Then moved to counting calories in September. I'm down about 12 but i have been on a plateau for at least 3 weeks?! I know I need to start moving but I'm having trouble getting started?!! Anyone else have this problem?!

Also, all my old MFP peeps are inactive right now. Would love to add some new people to help stay motivated??!

Replies

• ronisueweeks
    ronisueweeks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have lost motivation due to illness however back at it. I have found that 10k steps a day as a personal goal has really helped me
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It is very normal to hit weight loss plateaus. You might still be losing fat weight and holding water weight, stool weight, etc. Taking body measurements at regular intervals can help show continued progress during plateaus.

The other things is that "Calories In, Calories Out" is so freaking simple and so ridiculously difficult at the same time. The common recommendation is to recalculate your calorie needs and restrictions after each 10 pounds of loss.

Speaking from very personal experience, critically reevaluate your calorie tracking. Weighing food is the most accurate tracking choice. Measuring cups and percentages of cups is the next most accurate. Eyeballing is the most inaccurate. The other most common tracking error is forgetting those little bites and bits of snacking.

Stick to your guns. Examine your methods. You're already down 12 and on the right track!
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    And me! I need motivation!
  • bull9118
    bull9118 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me

• getthin201511
    getthin201511 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started again for the upteenth time. I finally joined a fitness group and part of the group is to create an account. I could use some friends also since I'm new. Would you be my friend as well?
  • Xavion09
    Xavion09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started back today and decided to make this a game and I am going to win. That's my way of keeping it going at this point
  • Mikiemg
    Mikiemg Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Trying again....240 5ft........need motivation help
  • clawley2224
    clawley2224 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting again too, something I'm doing now that I didn't before was drink over a gallon of water a day, and it really does help. Not sure if you already do it, but I use visual representation as well. I have two glasses with marbles in each; one has pounds lost, the other pounds to lose. I find that also helps a lot because you really want to be able to move the marbles over. You can add me, I'm active everyday
  • clawley2224
    clawley2224 Posts: 2 Member
    Options