Doctor recommended HCG for me

Options
fitmomforu
fitmomforu Posts: 80 Member
edited October 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hello friends. First off I'm not interested in any slamming. I had my blood work back and my tests came back great! What a relief, I was talking to him about my plateau and I still have 30 pounds to go. He then highly recommended HCG. Now just like you I was completely shocked I left surprised. I did some research on him and his clients and it was so positive. I then spoke to my girlfriend and her doctor recommended HCG as well and we have different doctors?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Can't talk about it here. I haven't done it, but it is a diet that is against forum rules to be promoted here (it's a very low calorie diet).

Good luck.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I would also check to make sure this "doctor" actually has a license to practice medicine.

hCG, which has no known benefits for weight loss, can't be administered orally or intranasally. Those people who do take hCG for medical reasons do so via injection. As a doctor, he should know that, particularly if he's going to write you a prescription for it. Any non-prescription hCG is "homeopathic" aka "expensive water".
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    An actual doctor recommended that you take Hcg with 30 pounds left to lose? You need to look for a new doctor.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    So deeply stupid.

Unless recommended by a neuroendocrinologist for documented pituitary insufficiencies, these hormones should never be supplemented. Doing so can put you at increased risk for all kinds of horrible things, including cancers and very rapid tumor growth.

Your doctor is a quack.
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I find it really hard to believe a doctor with an actual degree would recommend this. If it's true, find a new doctor.
  • fitmomforu
    fitmomforu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    He did. I also spoke to my girlfriend and she was recommended also from her doctor (not mine) in our area.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Are these MD's or those wack-job naturopathic "doctors"?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe!
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    As someone who works in health care, it really upsets me that an actual MD would recommend this. Please find a new doctor to discuss your weight loss journey with. You don't need someone who pushes unhealthy practices on you. MDs don't receive very much nutrition education, but they should still be smart enough to know how dangerous the hcg diet is.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Exactly as above- no good doctor is going to recommend a low-calorie fix like this over sound nutritional advice. Run, don't walk, to a different doctor.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    See, here in Canada no doctor would recommend HCG for someone with 30 pounds to lose, and I would think a good portion of the reason is that they wouldn't be allowed to sell it and profit from it. It makes advice much more neutral when no profit is involved.
  • jackoakwood
    jackoakwood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Those can't be real doctors that are recommending this to Fitmom. As others have suggested, these must be 'homeopathic' quacks, and really dangerous irresponsible ones at that.