A year ago.... and 112lbs

Options

Replies

• WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow, you must feel great! What a life changer- way to stick with it!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You did a great job.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    That's just fantastic. Great job!
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Um12tlwr wrote: »
    Great job!! You look so happy now

Thank you all :)

I was and am always happy ..99.99% of the time

But i am happier with my body ;) which i wasn't ashamed of to begin with. I just put it aside. I accepted to easy they way i was. And that point was reached, or rather overdue lol
    I decided that i dont want to look like that any longer.

95069916.png
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • TeresaGoal145lbs
    TeresaGoal145lbs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    So amazing! Congrats!!
  • SleepyGirl2
    SleepyGirl2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Congrats, what an achievement in 1 year! Did you eat back your exercise calories, did you have a deficit every day? Was a deficit they key to your success do think? Thanks!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Love the healthy attitude!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. You must feel like a new person. Congrats and I agree great attitude
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    edited October 2015
    Options
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    Congrats, what an achievement in 1 year! Did you eat back your exercise calories, did you have a deficit every day? Was a deficit they key to your success do think? Thanks!

Thank you all :)

And yes i ate a part back of my exercise calories.

I ate everything ( except added salt this because of a medical issue which i had even before i was overweight).
    i ate most days in deficit but not always Sometimes with special occasions i went to a day of ( guessed) maintaining level. Or over.
    But that didn't matter at all.

My thought always was..i didn't get overweight by eating a bit more sometimes. I got overweight by always eating MORE.

So what i did and still do is feeding my body the nutrition's it needs and needed.
    I didn't watch macro's ( but always tried to keep my protein as high as possible) But ate and eat still as balanced as i can
    Some habits for my snacking like for a year now every evening i eat some frozen fruit and a huge bowl of my own air-popped popcorn.
    So in a way i eat high carbs.

My secret/magic in what i did is personally for me...consistency, patience, moderation, weighing everything..yes also spices and any condiments, and being positive and believing in what i do for myself.
    It is a simple system just keep counting, and dont flip out over fluctuations.

I fet my body well that was what was important for me. When you put it to work, you have to feed it too.

Now i slowed things down..i still lose a bit. My aim is about a pound to 2 pound a month. And i try to watch more my macro's. So after getting my proteins daily i try to match the others a bit too.
    But that is more because i am trying slowly to get into maintaining my weight.

Medically i am as healthy as can be again. Most my issues are gone/solved. Some will never go but that was not weight loss related.
    But the high sugar and BP is solved
    No medications at all here anymore, not even an aspirin lol

I was not in a hurry, and even do i lost in the beginning tons of water weight so it went fast the first period, i didn't care really how fast of slow it came off. And still dont.
    I know exactly what i eat ( by weighing and counting everyday) so i know the weight will come off.
    lol it science hehehe

I wasn't hungry at all. Except for about 4 days were i just didn't plan to well. This doesn't mean that i say it was always easy.
    The formula is simple...eat less than you burn. When were and what doesn't matter. Of course a balanced diet is good/better. But it doesn't matter for weight loss. Because i feed my body enough i could fight the more harder days. Because yes i have those too. But i stepped over them. i walked swam or listened to music or sang whatever to get my mind in the right mood. And i kept believing in it.
    I celebrated little victories with champagne or Margarita's :) with my husband....and next day back on track.

Eating one day more and making your deficit smaller is not something to feel guilty about or ruining your weight loss journey. It is needed...its life. Normal life. I only kept in mind tomorrow normal deficit again. And i didn't go and worked myself crazy in sweat because i ate a bit more. It only meant to me that my whole journey would take two weeks longer? Maybe 3 or maybe even 4.... i dont know and i didn't care.
    I just didn't want this to be a struggle and be as strong as i wanted and could be.

And that is how i feel today...still
    And yes...like i said before i have my bad days too. but i dont moan about it. I would have bad days too when i was overweight and when i was not overweight years ago...that is life.

I only want to say....make it easy on your self...keep it simple....because it really is. And it is how you take it. When you start negative in your mind and moan about that ice cream you can not have or pizza...in my eyes you do it wrong. Because you can...only you can not eat the whole pizza...just a piece and not always.

Just keep it simple :)

95069916.png

• optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Congratulations!!
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thank you for a great, thorough response. I've picked up some great points and you're right, we need to keep it simple and apply what we know to losing weight, be patient and consistent :smile:
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I have the same amount to lose as you have already done so you are an inspiration and proof that it can be done.

Congratulations, well done!
  • jmarchante24
    jmarchante24 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :) you look amazing
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats!!!
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    Options
    Thank you :)

It feels amazing too ;)

95069916.png
  • hsuarez1991
    hsuarez1991 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hahaha you look great!!! So happy for you.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    Options
    Hahaha you look great!!! So happy for you.

Thank you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!