Question about net carbs/macros

Options
hgycta
hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
edited October 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Myfitnesspal recommends consuming about 55% carbs, 30% fat, and 15% protein for me; I generally try to have slightly more protein and slightly less carbs than that, but I still try my best to follow this pattern when I can.
However, recently I've been logging more high fiber foods (especially since I began trying out ThinSlim Foods products) and wasn't sure how to keep doing this. Should I log the net or total carbs of these products for this pie chart to still be reliable? I don't want to consume too many carbs to be carb loading or anything, but I also don't want to consume not enough, either. Some of their foods have like 27g carbs and 20g fiber, for example, with 5g net carbs.
What do you guys generally do? What would you suggest? Since I've always tracked my macros I'd like to know I'm going about it properly!
Thanks!

Replies

• youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Set up macros that work for you. You can change the MFP default macros. They didn't work for the way eat, and still don't, but, are much closer than they were before. I don't eat by percentages, but, by fat and protein ranges and I let carbs make up everything else.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    No such thing as "not enough carbs". There ARE no essential carbs.