Eggs

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks got a bad reputation back in the dietary cholesterol witch hunt days.

Eat the whole egg, the most nutritious part is the yolk and there is no proven link between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/254465.php

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/dont-just-whites-4-reasons-eat-whole-eggs-214400607.html

Egg-zactly!

It's pure Egg-tasy!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I eat the egg as nature intended .... yolk haters scare me :indifferent:

Egg-zaggerated.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Egg yolk it's a beautiful thing

Egg-zaggerating the opposite way.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I am pro-yolk

Egg-sercising his rights. To vote. And have an opinion.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks got a bad reputation back in the dietary cholesterol witch hunt days.

Eat the whole egg, the most nutritious part is the yolk and there is no proven link between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/254465.php

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/dont-just-whites-4-reasons-eat-whole-eggs-214400607.html

Thank you for this. I normally eat an egg a day, minimum, and my bodymedia app keeps giving me warnings about my cholesterol intake. I want to smack it each time.
  • KandisV
    KandisV Posts: 26
    Options
    Yolks got a bad rap for a while when everyone was concerned about cholesterol. I eat eggs almost every day (hard boiled) for snack & I always eat the yolk. Yum!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I eat 2 whole eggs too.....I had a question though...how many eggs can we have per day? Is there anyone having 4 to 5 eggs?

I have up to 6 eggs a day on good days : )

Egg-cellent! images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA5NCllFjgndqW20QQOKyW_008rWiE4TVEkRB3KePH41bU1a_RJQ
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Yolks got a bad rap for a while when everyone was concerned about cholesterol. I eat eggs almost every day (hard boiled) for snack & I always eat the yolk. Yum!

Egg-cerpted for recipe:

Put eggs in cold water in pan. Bring to boil. Cover, turn off heat and set timer for ten minutes. Rinse with cold water. Perfect yellow hard cooked eggs with no green or greyish ring on the edges.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    The yolk is full of nutrients! I eat 2 whole eggs + 1 egg white (for extra protein) every morning. My dog gets the extra yolk.

Egg-streme recycler.
  • Shaavo89
    Shaavo89 Posts: 68
    Options
    The yolk is full of nutrients! I eat 2 whole eggs + 1 egg white (for extra protein) every morning. My dog gets the extra yolk.

Egg-streme recycler.

You're having too much fun with this lol
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I eat the yolk. The whole egg is only 75 cals! Why neglect the most nutritious part? Nobody has a calorie goal so low that an extra 40 calories makes that much difference.

Egg-sorbitant! 35 extra calories? That's almost half the egg. I'm gonna start throwing away half my bread slices too.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Unless you have an allergy or medical condition, I don't see why you can't eat the yolk.

prEggs-cription.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm egg-xhausted....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I'm egg-xhausted....

...from egg-sercize?
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'm egg-xhausted....

...from egg-sercize?

Egg-actly
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    If I could buy yolks without the egg white I would. I always feel a bit tearful seeing those yucky cartons of egg whites in the supermarket and wonder where the yolks have gone.

Pass the custard...
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with egg yolks, very nutrient dense... very yummy and a great way to add richness to a salad. However, I eat a lot of egg whites because they are protein packed and low calorie... which means I can add other calorie dense foods to my diet for my satisfying meals.
    I had read recently to try to have no more than 7 eggs w/yolk in a week... but that information very well might be wrong, biased or outdated.
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options

^ this, my dog is my biggest supporter :)
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I eat atleast one whole egg EVERY day for lunch. If I am making a scramble I might add a couple egg whites to a whole egg just to save some calories. I had my blood work done this month and all my cholesterol stats are perfect. I am so proud since I used to be on meds for high cholesterol when I was very heavy. I also eat cheeses like feta several times a week. Proof that dietary cholesterol doesn't cause high cholesterol. Being overweight does though :wink:
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Eat the yolks.... nothing bad will happen... I eat 2-3 whole eggs everyday (some days I eat as much as 5).... have been for the past 8 mths and my cholesterol is perfect.