Good bye 75 lbs, hello healthy BMI!

Options
I did it! I reached my goal of 75 pounds lost. I started back with MFP on February 1st when my 4th baby was 1 month old. I had lost 35 pounds before getting pregnant, but gained all that back and more so I pretty much was starting over at that point. My starting weight was 212 lbs and I am 5'2.5" so I was way in an obese BMI range. I set MFP to lose 1 pound a week and then ate an extra 300-500 calories a day to account for breastfeeding, and ate back half of my exercise calories as well. Honestly, I don't feel like losing weight has been hard! In the past when I lost weight, I always excluded all the foods I love. Now that I have been introduced to MFP and the CICO concept, I eat everything I love... just less of it or fit it into my calories for the day somehow. I feel like this is a lifestyle I could maintain forever. I am now 137 and officially a healthy BMI for my height.

Currently my goal is to possibly lose another 5-10 pounds and then do some recomp. But I'll probably do it slowly, or possibly even just maintain for a while and see how that goes. Either way, I'm enjoying my new body and feeling healthy and active! I have found that I don't enjoy the attention that comes with it. Seems like not a day goes by that I don't hear comments from people about my weight. It does make me uncomfortable for some reason. But I know people mean it to be a compliment.

I didn't take a "before" picture. I was feeling too bummed about my body. So the first picture I have is from a couple months in when I was already down 20 pounds.
ckpmycg6lvj0.jpg

Here's one for some motivation to work on your last 10 pounds! I was surprised to see such a difference between the first picture and second in my face and stomach.
yd08pxsyucj0.jpg

And here's a picture that's actually several years old, from right after my oldest son was born. I don't even know how much I weighed, probably 220 or 230? Definitely the heaviest I had ever been. And then a picture from our recent family photoshoot a few weeks ago when I was around 140.
h7e53yaua0ky.jpg

Replies

• blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Look like a whole new person!
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job. You're my motivation for today!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look great! :)
  • Tashymash
    Tashymash Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This time I started at 215 pounds, same hight as you and similar body shape - you look amazing!! My goal.is 140 pounds so it's wonderful to see what I COULD look like :) well done you - how long did you do it in?
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You look amazing! Awesome results! BTW What does CICO stand for?
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    CICO stands for calories in, calories out.

Great work, and congratulations on finding a sustainable way to do it! You look gorgeous. Love your scarf in the last photo, too.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Wonderful! Great work! Thank you for sharing.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    wow.....WTG!
  • monarque23
    monarque23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow:-) congrats!! Inspiration <3 Thank you for sharing!
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Way to GO!!! So proud of your hard work and success
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I have15-20 pounds to go and I tell you what, these posts with 50 or more pds lost def inspire me..I have NO EXCUSE.
  • Franky489
    Franky489 Posts: 596 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    WOW! What an inspiration you are! You look MARVELOUS! Can't wait to do the same! I am at 190 now...(started out at 200) shooting for 130 Just concentrating on 10 lbs at a time....I can do it. thanks for posting this! :D
  • Ruthhormachea
    Ruthhormachea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! How long did it take you?
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It took me 9 months to lose the weight. I think that's an average of around 1.5 pounds a week or so? Some weeks I lost nothing. Some weeks I lost 3. I've lost pretty steadily though, faster than I thought I would lose.
  • monarque23
    monarque23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It took me 9 months to lose the weight. I think that's an average of around 1.5 pounds a week or so? Some weeks I lost nothing. Some weeks I lost 3. I've lost pretty steadily though, faster than I thought I would lose.

I was wondering! 9 months ouaaah!! Great work :-D I hope I can do the same! :-) thanks again Victoria
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Great job.
    As a petite person myself, I always enjoy reading about other petites who lose in healthy way.

Cheers, h.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! congrats on your little one!
  • boxergirl2009
    boxergirl2009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats!
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!