I'm tired of failing!

Options
2»

Replies

• Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    If you've not tried the low carb lifestyle you might want to do that. the MFP plan is very much 'calories in calories out' and in my experience that often does not work. but if you would prefer counting carbs to counting calories reach out to one of us in the low carb or Paleo programs and fire away with questions.

you might enjoy Gary Taubes Book - Good Calories Bad Calories as a way to get started.

good luck and hang in there.
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I was you 7 months ago. I decided on November 22nd (the day BEFORE thanksgiving) that I had enough. I was fat, unhealthy, and totally disgusted in myself and how I let myself go.

That day was the LAST day I weighted my highest. I changed EVERYTHING about my lifestyle. My eating, I started working out, and I started living a healthier lifestyle.

I would be happy to help you with whatever I can. I sent you a friend request :smile:
  • lavendergurl66
    Options
    You are doing great:flowerforyou: .....for 7 hours in....i have been on myfitnesspal for one month now....you got this...you got this...if i can do this you can too..
    myfitnesspal will help you on your journey..I had gastric bypass in 2009 and now am facing a trip to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN because of so so many issues...you are doing it the best and safest way..You don't want to go through what i am dealing with on a day to day basis.
    Add me to your friend list...so we can encourage each other...
    keep up the good work.
    Fitnessgurl 2013@yahoo.com:flowerforyou:
  • cwillen65
    cwillen65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! :smile:
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree with a "cheat meal". I personally don't do a "cheat DAY", but one "cheat MEAL" I give myself whatever I want. I save it for when I want to go out to dinner, or have an event to go to.
  • dash_it_emily
    Options
    I only started a couple days ago and already I feel like this community is going to be the resource I need to succeed for the LAST time. There are so many people with such inspiring stories and just as many who are in the same place I am now - with 100 pounds to lose and no experience working out before. It makes me feel like I'm not this horrible, worthless human being who just can't get it right. Good luck to you!
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Talk positive to yourself from here on out!! No more talk of failing and learn to be your best friend and have a lil cheerleading section in your own head!!! You know what you want and ya pretty much know how to get it ......NOW visualize the YOU you want to be and FAKE it til ya MAKE it!! :wink:

Pat yaself on the back for every lil thing you do for your better good and be PROUD you are doing what needs to be done to get the body of your dreams !! Dream big and keep your eye on the prize!!!! it will be worth every step ya take and every change you make!!

Wishing you all the best n success!!! :flowerforyou:

Sharon xxxx