This postpartum belly

Options
Hi Everyone!!!
I am 9 weeks post c-section and I still look 5 months pregnant!!!! This is my 3rd baby and 2nd c-section! I did gain way too much weight (65 pounds too much)! I also have hashimotos hypothyroid, which doesn't make things easy for me! At this moment my levels are in the perfect range so this shouldn't be an issue.
I have been dieting since I had the baby and at 5 weeks was cleared to work out again! I do have a 2 1/2 finger abdominal split and I'm doing specific exercises to heal it! I had the same thing with my last baby and closed it within a few months!
I have already lost 38 pounds but I have been stuck at the same loss for the last 2 weeks the number just won't budge! I'm getting so frustrated! I went back to work last week and I have to wear my maternity pants because none of my normal pants fit! Everything has slimmed down except my stomach!
I really need some motivation right now because I don't want to give up! I miss real clothes and feeling good about myself!
I would love to hear any tips on how to loose this belly!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't pick where the fat will come off. I wore shapewear after having my second just to support the extra fat and skin.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    With my csection, I also still looked pregnant for a while afterwards.
    As the poster above mentioned, I wore shapewear to give my belly the extra support. ( it actually made me feel better to have the shapewear on. Without it , the loose skin was bothersome and felt awkward.) I do want to mention I am not referring to the waist trainers that are popular on social media . that's not at all what I mean. I'm just talking about the spandex type under shirts made to hold things in more.
    In time, your belly will start to go down. Continue to eat at a deficit and don't be hard on yourself . these things take time. You can't spot reduce , so keep on lowering your overall bf% and give it time. Be consistent and you'll get there.
    As far as the deficit goes, IMO, I would use a food scale to be as accurate as possible and also pay close attention to logging accurately.
    Things will fall into place, just give yourself a break and enjoy the new baby ! :)
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby! I had my fifth c section on August 27th so our babies are only days apart!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby.
    Biggest tip I have is patience. Lots of it too.
    As others have said, you can't spot reduce. Continue to eat at a deficit and it will eventually go.

I'm a mom of 2 boys. I had to have a c-section with both. My youngest was born on May 29, 2014. Here's my recent thread with pictures:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics/p1

But most of all have patience and don't be so hard on yourself.

9055.gif
  • jsinclair31
    jsinclair31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel so much better knowing I'm not alone in this struggle!!