Hydroxycut as an aid?

Options

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I tried it many years ago when I wanted a quick fix. I actually ate more when I was taking it! None of them work. The reviews are fake, and it isn't different for everyone. It simply doesn't work. If you know people who lost weight taking it, it's because they were in a calorie deficit, it had nothing to do with the pills.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it didn't work at all. I was still hungry, yet also jittery and crabby. I would say, don't waste your money.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I tried it once a few years ago and I'm not touching it ever again - made my heart pound like crazy, gave me the jitters, I'd be just sitting at work shaking and sweating from it. Made me feel more like curling up and dying rather than working out haha.

Personally, I like tea for a boost and benefits. Green tea, oolong, etc. Maybe they don't do anything at all, but I still feel good drinking them lol.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    It's main ingredient is caffeine. Plain coffee will do the same job(skip the creamer and sugar).
  • xxcobu
    xxcobu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback, guys!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Have a cup of coffee instead.
  • xxcobu
    xxcobu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If only I liked coffee, you guys hahaha. :')
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    There are cheaper, probably safer, ways to get an energy boost than Hydroxycut. It's certainly going to do nothing substantial for your metabolism.
  • WeighToGoJudy
    WeighToGoJudy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that you used B vitamins with success. Why not try that again? I find a big difference in my energy (and mood) when I take B complex. :smile:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @xxcobu if you don't like coffee, try a monster drink instead. But really with your history, metabolism fears aside, I think you are best to stick with fitness goals and a reasonable diet. Nothing too extreme. You might lose slower, but hey, that will all be for the good. In the meantime you will be picking up new exercises and getting stronger.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    xxcobu wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Its junk. If weight loss pills really worked , then why would we all be on here counting calories ? Wouldn't we just pop pills all day and be thin ? Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit.

I understand this... I was thinking more as an energy and metabolism aide.

If you read my above posts, you will understand why. I am not expecting to lose weight just using pills, as I stated, this is going to be a lifestyle change and I am looking for supplements that can help.

I have tried Vitamin B Complex supplements in the past with some success, for example.

The best energy and metabolism aide you can use is good, whole food....fresh vegetables, loads of them...some fruit....some nice lean meats......a poster above mentioned coffee before your workout, it's a known tool for many successful people, gives you a quick gogogo....with Hydroxycut you are risking your heart health, you're risking damaging your liver and kidneys...not worth it!! Please love yourself enough to do this the right way, you are still so young, you don't want to do irreparable damage for a quickfix.. Good luck with whatever you decide to do...Much love xo
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

Tea has the same effect :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    A cup of tea?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's an overrated supplement that costs a lot. If you need a boost, just start...

I have "just exercised" extensively in the past and still found it difficult to lose weight. This was with a well-rounded, vegetarian (at the time) diet.

My long-term destruction via ednos has completely crippled my metabolism.
    Any additional suggestions? natural supplements?

Did you have cognitive behavioral therapy as part of treatment for your EDNOS? What did your team say you should do about your metabolism?
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    A cup of tea?

Sure, for the caffeine boost
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Some people use C4 as a energy booster myself I have thought about it, but my energy level is usually pretty good. My wife takes serovital and swears by it. Personally I do not take any nor am I endorsing any I am just offering it as option. Do your own reviews and come to your own conclusion.

Hydroxycut did have ephedrine in it which did assist in weight loss, which means it really worked. People were overdosing on ephedrine and other problems, the FDA banned it.

http://reviews.costco.com/2070/100121701/basic-research-llc-serovital-dietary-supplement-reviews/reviews.htm

http://www.illpumpyouup.com/reviews/cellucor-c4-extreme-reviews.htm
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's an overrated supplement that costs a lot. If you need a boost, just start...

I have "just exercised" extensively in the past and still found it difficult to lose weight. This was with a well-rounded, vegetarian (at the time) diet.

My long-term destruction via ednos has completely crippled my metabolism.
    Any additional suggestions? natural supplements?

Did you have cognitive behavioral therapy as part of treatment for your EDNOS? What did your team say you should do about your metabolism?

Yeah, this. If you have/had an ED, OP, you really need to discuss these things with the professionals that worked (or are working) with you.
  • alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have used them and they worked for me i lost 70+ lbs i didnt really exercised or did an extreme diet i used hydroxy cut max for women many say its a scam and its unhealthy but not everything works for all its true and healthier to lose weight by cutting calories and junk and working out but to each their own give them a try and see what happens i myself never had side effects also remember that u cannot stay taking pills forever so maybe try a bottle or two and after
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    It didn't work, but it did work at making me have the shakes, and I vomited
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    No No and No. Not worth it. I was having nervous breakdowns when I took it. I actually cried in my college library because I dropped a pencil........ Dropped. A. Pencil. The result (if you even get one) is not worth it.