I can do this...right?

Options
about five years ago I used to weigh about 125 pounds. At that time I was 5'1 and still thought I was chubby. Now, 5 years later im 198 and it's not that the weight won't come off I just cannot seem to eat right because I don't know what to eat! Any ideas? How do you start to eat healthy? I started two weeks ago and have lost 4 pounds so I know it'll come off I just have come to a hault with the food part. Thanks in advance (:

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat, it matters how much you eat. When it comes to weight loss, it's a simple formula. Eat less calories than you burn. Figure out (or let MFP) how many calories you should be eating and follow it.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what you eat, it matters how much you eat. When it comes to weight loss, it's a simple formula. Eat less calories than you burn. Figure out (or let MFP) how many calories you should be eating and follow it.

what she said. three meals a day and a couple of snacks. exercise and stay under you recommended calories. not way under. just under. you really can eat anything you want. just less.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Do you have a scale to weight your portions? I found, in the beginning, it was really helpful to weigh my food so that I could get used to what a "normal" portion looked like. And log everything. And, yaay! for your 4 pounds lost, keep doing whatever you're doing! Eat things you like, try new veggies, whatever works, but try not to get caught up in the "good"/"bad" food trap. You can make it all fit if you pay attention to logging it all. Good luck to you on this journey.
  • georgesgeri83
    georgesgeri83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for only 12 days. If I can, YOU CAN! I have started exercising consistently yet, but I will. Right now, I've been focusing on calories. If you put in what your weight is now and what you want it to be, MFP will tell you how many to eat each day. I'm happy to be in this with so many others. It is really beneficial to me.
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Walk an hour everyday...it works! Day 108, 22 lbs and 13 inches off. Add me!
  • sbrmom
    sbrmom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Add me! You can do this!
  • melizabird919
    melizabird919 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've only been here 20 days, but I've found taking time each morning to remind myself why I'm doing this helps makes the rest of the day easier. And as the days go on I find I'm making better choices. Eating veggies and lean meat, and other "healthy" foods for the most part keep me more satisfied and full then a small portion of higher calorie foods. I can still work anything I want into my daily goals when I really want to. So just start logging everything you eat and try to stay under your recommended goal MFP gives you and make adjustments as time goes on. You should find what works for you and keeps you body fueled and happy during weight loss. I'm still figuring it out, but it does start to get easier!