Starting The Road to a New Me. Please Provide Ideas and Positive Support

Options
Hello my name is Alisha. This is my new start of me trying to change my life and be the person that I see in the mirror. I am a mother of four and have tried to maintain work out and weight loss schedules and have just failed. But now I'm doing this for myself and not because someone told me that I was overweight. Things can get stressful. I just would like support, New ideas and a comfortable setting in my path to a better and healthier life. My goal is to loss 35lb. I don't want to loss it to fast because I want it to stay off and it to be a life style change.

Replies

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Hey there! First off - congrats on the realization that you want to change you. It's not an easy thing to come to, it's hard to say sometimes that while you love yourself, you want to make some changes.

Life can be very stressful for sure! It's really important to make time for you, and that's speak from personal experience. I am not a mother nor am I married: I am a mid-twenties, career driven, goal oriented, single woman. But I wasn't always that way - I was in an emotionally abusive and manipulative relationship for 5 1/2 years. It tore me apart, it hurt. I gained huge amounts of weight, I wasn't happy. I thought I was - I thought he was what I wanted and we just needed to work some of the kinks out but turns out, he isn't the person for me and he didn't have enough respect for me as a person to develop our relationship. He was mean and had serious anger management issues. We tried, but in the end it just didn't work and I deserved better. When I moved out, I was depressed and hurt and had no idea what to do. But I had the gym. I had started going to the gym about 2 years prior to that - it caused a huge issues in our relationship too - and I was thinking I like it there, it's me time and I am doing it for myself.

Since I've dedicated the last year and a bit to myself I'm way happier than I was and I'm also in much better physical shape - I am running 5Ks and training for 10K distances. I am working out 6 days/week. Perhaps with children that isn't a possibility but my point is that you also do need to take care of yourself too. Make you a priority sometimes.

I've learned a lot on my journey, so if you ever need to chat or want to reach out feel free :) I'm always here.