M T25 + bike
    T rest
    W T25
    T T25
    F T25
    S Swimming
    S T25 + bike

Does that sounds ok?

I would take the Thursday T25 off and do something restorative like yoga, walking or Pilates -even swimming.

You can always incorporate it later on.
  • JenDetermined
    JenDetermined Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Any of the taped workouts are adaptable to self. If you do T25, which I have a few times, you can reduce the reps and speed. You can pause when you need to and let Shawn keep going. You will get so you can keep up more and more as your body is able. I have had shoulder reconstruction and I NEVER do all the burpees. It is adaptable to YOU!
  • JayWalk39
    JayWalk39 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ...again...just do it!!!! Buy the DVD's and push play.
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    eeede wrote: »
    I did Insanity at 230, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Everything can be modified. Heck, I've modified the modifier and still saw results. Start slowly. Do what you can but don't overdo it because you don't want injuries either. Best of luck to you! :)

How tall are you?

I'm 5'3" ... I can tell you that just about every BB workout urges to simply do your best. Do what you can do and work your way up. If you have to "rest" during a workout just keep moving until you can jump in again.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I agree with some of the others that there's no time like the present. I started T25 and I hadn't worked out or done any exercising for the previous 4 months. I was overweight but not obese. It was really hard and I modified practically every step for the first 3 weeks. I got a lot stronger and more agile. I lost a few pounds, then started alpha over again. Now I'm finishing gamma, which has cardio but tons of resistance work (weights). It's been 17 weeks. Don't plan a workout schedule till you see how it goes. I've never done a T25 double day either. I do it Saturday.
  • curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 5 of T25 Alpha Round 1. I began my T25 journey at obese as well. I have been able to do some moves regular as everyone else and some where I am have weakness or struggle I just modify. I have lost 12 lbs since starting this program. I don't think it's anything to be afraid of- just go for it. You will feel accomplished. And loosing 12 lbs in just 25 minutes a day is just a fantastic bonus!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Just do it. Putting it off until you lose whatever is just another excuse to give yourself. It's going to be hard at the beginning regardless of your weight.

I did Insanity starting at about 210lbs. I did have some knee issues at the end but I went straight into T25 using the modifier and my knees are fine now, I even run regularly! I still do the odd workout from both programmes and I will say T25 is very bouncy when not modifying, aside from the injury aspect I don't love the bounciness so switch to the modifier purely for that reason.

Fitness Blender on YouTube also has some great beginner workouts.
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love T25. It is my go to winter work out when I can't get out and run. I will be honest, I started it last August at about 220 pounds and had to modify a lot. I did stay on Alpha for a few rounds and then moved on to beta and gamma. But I took my time. It is well worth it. And you will see changes!
  • eeede
    eeede Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I did it today, thanks to your support. Not at full capacity because I'm just starting and it's intense, but still!
    I just hope I'll not have back or knee pain tomorrow.

As beachhouse suggested, I'm gonna do

M T25 + bike
    T rest
    W T25
    T bike or walk
    F T25
    S Swimming
    S T25 + bike

What do you think?
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    265lbs here and I started P90 last night (Tony Horton) and to say it was challenging would be accurate. My thighs are killing me today but i was able to get through most of it. I would imagine T25 to be similar - so make sure you have water, go as slow as you need to and stop when you have to. You can do it!
  • eeede
    eeede Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm careful to not push it too far. Don't want to end up injuried.

T25 is challenging too! I did bascially everything modified but nevermind, I did it.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm so glad you did it! Tomorrow you may hurt, which is why everyone is suggesting a rest day here and there....even people in good shape hurt when they do something they aren't used to. But if that happens, don't decide it's not for you, k? Instead, either rest on the owie days, or "active" rest....go for walks, do light stretching multiple times through the day, use a foam roller on the parts that hurt...you can find them for pretty cheap at Shoppers or Walmart....Just don't give up if you can't walk tomorrow! I honestly can tell you my husband gets quite a chuckle because of my "oo" "ow" "owee" 's, for a good three days after I start ANY new workout program..lol....Good luck with this, after a couple of weeks you'll wonder why you didn't start sooner :smiley:
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    There's no shame in modifying, you're still working damn hard. Like I said, I'm pretty fit now but still modify loads purely due to preference, I get fed up bouncing about constantly, it's just not my favourite thing. I did Gamma Pyramid on Tuesday and I still hurt today through my hamstrings and triceps but it's a good pain not injury pain.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    eeede wrote: »
    Yeah I'm careful to not push it too far. Don't want to end up injuried.

T25 is challenging too! I did bascially everything modified but nevermind, I did it.

All that matters. Do the best you can but stick with it. You will improve and at the end of the program you'll look back and laugh and remember how much you struggled to what seems so easy now. It's a great program and I recommend you follow it as designed because there is a rhyme and reason to the order of the videos.

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I love T25. Just go for it. I still modify some of the moves. As long as you're moving, you're burning calories.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    The T25 exercises change a lot as you go through beta and gamma. In gamma you're doing something with weights 4 days a week. I liked the variety and started Beast body after gamma, which is a weight program. I do cardio separately 2-3 days a week as I love cardio, but want to be stronger. Just keep going. You'll get different things from each program.
  • Nicole3043
    Nicole3043 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did this program last year and loved it. Shaun is a great motivator and I was able to loose inches. I started of with the modifier ( Tonya), and after a few weeks, was keeping up OK. The variety was perfect for me and I did not get bored.
  • gunrock1970
    gunrock1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the OP for getting stuck in and doing it. Keep going!
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I started T25 at 285. I have stayed with alpha. I still can't burpee. I can't do too much of the jumping. When I can't do, I do those leg kicks to keep moving. The one with the upper body and abs I suck lol
    I look at it that I am still moving. I'll get there and you will too! Don't delay. It's another day past of trying to get healthier