Skip breakfast tips

Options
2»

Replies

• hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    There are benefits to fasting. Rather than skipping lunch it is better have a continuous period of where your body is fasting. So either skip breakfast or dinner. No snacking during your fast period. My doctor had me on breakfast fast for a period of time. You get used to it in about a week. I couldn't have anything except for water. Although he said having warm water with wild organic honey (as sweet as you want) is okay. As a confession I only lasted 3 weeks. I was fine the 2nd week, but around 3rd week I was getting hungry and couldn't last until lunch time. There are other people who are able to adapt to it. My father has been doing for breakfast fast for months and he is doing well.

If breakfast has been an important meal I think it will be hard for you. Breakfast can be whatever works for you. Typically for Koreans, breakfast is smaller simpler version of what they may eat for dinner. As other people say do a lot of prep work the night before so you just need to take out a container of food and just heat it up. When I used to commute to work I had a fridge full of portion sized containers of food for all my meals all prepared so that I just pulled out what I needed for the day and but it in my lunch box. Some days my lunch box was filled with containers for 3 meals. I always had boiled eggs on hand. If I am rushed then my meal would be a couple boiled eggs and apple slices. If time is the issue it is matter of being creative and planning ahead.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    hakamruth wrote: »
    There are benefits to fasting. Rather than skipping lunch it is better have a continuous period of where your body is fasting. So either skip breakfast or dinner. No snacking during your fast period. My doctor had me on breakfast fast for a period of time. You get used to it in about a week. I couldn't have anything except for water. Although he said having warm water with wild organic honey (as sweet as you want) is okay. As a confession I only lasted 3 weeks. I was fine the 2nd week, but around 3rd week I was getting hungry and couldn't last until lunch time. There are other people who are able to adapt to it. My father has been doing for breakfast fast for months and he is doing well.

No this is not accurate as a rule.

Some people undoubtedly find success in maintaining a fast period. Others don't. The fact that you admittedly couldn't stick to it seems to prove that point.

• Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast, skipping breakfast= same results for me.
    It doesn't fill me up when i do eat it, and i overindulge later on either way.
  • N200lz
    N200lz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    An old cowboy once told me that breakfast was the most important meal of the day ....... an if you're not home by then, you're in deep doo-doo.