I dont understand :/

Options
Chelsinicole63
Chelsinicole63 Posts: 62 Member
Okay so, its summer and ive been out of school for awhile now, and i feel like i have no friends anymore.
My best friend i think had recently came out of the closet, hasnt told me, hasnt talked to me. I would be completely fine with her if she was, nothing would change. But its like she forgot i exist and now has all these new bisexual friends. She was my only female friend at my school. Now my other best friend who is a guy, i havent seen in awhile. He asked if i wanted to hangout one day, so he kinda made plans, but didnt talk to me after that. I feel alone. I dont know what to do anymore, i mean iv always been a loner really, so ill be fine with having no friends, but its nice to feel needed and accepted. Why is it that i never fit in anywhere? Sorry, this is more of a rant i just needed to get it off my shoulders.

Replies

• wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. Maybe people are intimidated by you. You seem like an attractive girl and maybe that is why people are afraid to approach you.
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i think it takes well into adulthood before we fit in to places make long term friends and settle into life high school can be fickle and people who are great friends one day barely talk the next week only to be firm friends again later

you can either talk to friends and ask why they avoid you and if your female friend is gay tell her how it doesnt bother you in the slightest when my best friend came out he was terrified we wouldnt want to know him so avoided us for a while just by telling him hey hello it doesnt alter we are friends was all it took maybe your guy friend is now in a place of saying wow she looks fab but doesnt want to ruin a friendship you never know unless you ask
    or if that isnt for you you can move on and find more friends more on the same wavelength as you

i think you will probably find as you get further in highschool and develop your personalities more friends will change and the ones you make later on in school and work will be the ones that you will still be friends with years from now its hard to feel alone but it doesnt last forever
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    im sorry to hear about this, all through high school and even during college you will most likely lose and gain many friends!

In your current situation i really doubt it has anything to do with you. I don't think these 2 friends are avoiding you or trying to make you feel like they dont care i just think its more like they may be going their own separate ways. Then again I only can base this on what you've posted and with my own experiences.

Stay positive and be yourself and if your friends come back to hanging out with you the way they used to then awesome and if not, don't take it too hard just take it as they've just got other things going on at the moment.

and like wan2b21 said, maybe people are intimidated by you and afraid to approach you to make new friends?
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi!

I'm sorry you are feeling down.... :frown:

I have 2 teenage daughters - 17 and 18 - and their circle of friends is constantly changing. Friends who seemed close move onto other things, other groups of friends. Some drift back, others don't. It's all part of growing up and discovering who you are. (Heck, I am 44 and still discovering who I am!!)

I agree with the other posters that you should try and talk to your 2 friends - maybe they are feeling the same way you are? Maybe your bi friend feels unsure about how you will react?

Meantime please feel free to add me as a friend - I am always around if you need some friendly support or someone to rant to :smile:
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    Hey! I agree, I bet it has nothing to do with you, they probably have their own summer stuff going on right now.
    As far as never fitting in, I am the same way. Im sorry you are having to deal with the loneliness :(