Introducing myself

Options
Hello I am just starting a diet. My nutrition management is being done by Clark Memorial Hospital in Indiana. I had to get help because I could not do it myself. Instead of losing weight I was gaining more. Gaining more weight is causing me to be depressed. The weight I already have is playing havic with my physical and mental health, so gaining more is really bad. This is my first day and I need for this to work.

Replies

• rnohou2010
    rnohou2010 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! You have taken important steps to meet your goals and you sound very determined. I myself am taking a stimulant called Vyvanse which is approved by the FDA for Binge Eating Disorder. I assume you've discussed this med with your doctors? It seems to be helping me a lot with reduced appetite, plus it helps with my depression. I'll send you a friend request, and good luck!
  • getthin201511
    getthin201511 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The type of help I am receiving is just support and someone to answer to. I'm not taking any pills to keep me from eating. I am already having problems with my heart, so I would be afraid to take any medicine. Good luck with your endeavor and have a great day.
  • H34v3nlySinsx3
    H34v3nlySinsx3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! One thing that you should totally start is by simply not referring to this as a "diet" rather than a "life change". Once you start this you can't go back or else you'll gain all the weight back as well. Trust me, I know!!
  • getthin201511
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that. Your right. I'm making a life change, thanks.
  • KeepingFit4Me
    KeepingFit4Me Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm now on day 15 of my life change and it only feels like yesterday when I started! I'll send you a friend request.
  • getthin201511
    Options
    Thank you KeepingFit4Me.
  • CLEatMoulton
    CLEatMoulton Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard This is a great site. You can do this. :)
  • getthin201511
    Options