Morning Workout Motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning because I know that nothing will happen to ruin my workout... I only have myself to blame if I do not get my but up out of the bed and get to the gym. I tried working out after work but some days my husband would have to work a double shift, or the kids needed to go somewhere any any little thing and I wouldnt be able to go to the gym. So switched to the mornings. It is tough at first but it gets easier.
    Another reason I work out in the mornings... well first let me say that doing anything for myself - well everyone else comes first - something I have been working on for a long time - I can justify taking two hours out of my day when my kids are asleep to go to the gym and get my workout on and then get ready for work VS taking two hours after work when I could be home helping with homework and making a good dinner for my family.

I have an Iphone and am able to name my alarms so my MWF alarm is set for 5am and says GET UP AND GET YOUR WORKOUT ON. I do pack my bag at night so I can just get up get dressed and go....
    Stayed up and watched the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup last night so I overslept this morning and missed hot yoga... decided that I will go to the gym after work - one day of my family fending for themselves isnt gonna kill them ... right... :)

You will find your motivation!!!
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I know that my situation is different, but I workout first thing in the mornings at home. I get up, let the dog out, start the coffee, get dressed, and workout. I do videos. I get my sweat on, get in the shower, and get ready for work. It took me a long time to get used to an early morning routine, but I love it know. It keeps life from intervening and preventing my workouts in the afternoons/evenings.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Motivation #5) It's so nice to wake up, go to the gym and get gross, then shower and scrub away all the grossness, and then be clean and fresh and happy for work. I only have to shower once per day, if I don't go back to the gym again later. It makes me feel a little clever and efficient. lol But anyways, a shower where I get to scrub off sweat feels so much more awesome than just a normal shower where I wasn't really sweaty and gross in the first place and don't feel like I need to scrub too much.

Haha, this cracks me up! And is the single reason I spend any time at all even contemplating working out in the a.m. It will NEVER happen, because I get nauseous if I get less than 8 hours' sleep, and the sweetness & privacy of the hours around midnight are more precious to me than the 1-2 hours after work.

But the lure of this exact feeling (perfectly described!) is compelling. (I've done it on a weekend, with a much later starting time.)
  • musicteacher40
    musicteacher40 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    As an music educator that does band (marching band), most of the time I don't have time to workout after school or the evenings as I have grading, lesson plans, private lessons, church...so I have to do mornings... I get up at 5:30 and make sure I start my work out by 5:45, to be done by 6:15/6:20....and once school starts, will be leaving my house around 7:00 a.m. (I have rehearsals before school starts at 7:30 a.m.)
  • blahbuster
    blahbuster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is me every morning! I really really want to do morning workouts, but my bed is sooooo comfortable. And snooze alarms too handy!
  • blahbuster
    blahbuster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great tips. gonna try some of those!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I LOVE working out in the morning but, also LOVE my bed. I have tried everything and hoping that if I just keep at it one day it will just become routine for me :smile:

I average about 3 morning workouts and 2 evening workouts. Good luck finding what works best for you :smile: