Ahh! Craveings!

Options
I'm so new too this, and I'm craveing something! I have some chill which is about 540 calories. I would add this to my breakfast I believe. I can't sleep if I dont eat, I'm eatting japalenoes.. raw... ugh any advice? What are techniques to reduce craveings?

Replies

• wilcoxm1
    wilcoxm1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    try and drink something hot. I'm into drinking lemon green tea!
  • deannasw
    deannasw Posts: 47
    Options
    I find that during the day around 2PM, I get the munchies. If I remember to chew gum then, I am golden until dinner. Try keeping a pack of gum with you. If I am not hungry by dinner time, and smell the food cooking for the fam, I still want to eat... so I pop a piece of gum and it really helps.

Good luck!
  • Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    chewing gum works for me too.....
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    The thing that works for me is to have 6 smaller meals a day with bigger lunches than dinners. This tends to reduce all cravings during the day and evening.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    try and drink something hot. I'm into drinking lemon green tea!
    awwwwwwww loving my Lemon Grass tea! mmm mm
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I'm so new too this, and I'm craveing something! I have some chill which is about 540 calories. I would add this to my breakfast I believe. I can't sleep if I dont eat, I'm eatting japalenoes.. raw... ugh any advice? What are techniques to reduce craveings?
    Curious, what is 'Chill'? I'm guessing you don't mean you have a chill because you're in AZ so thought it was a product, or is it simply Chili? Hey I've been up for awhile!:blushing: :laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    The thing that works for me is to have 6 smaller meals a day with bigger lunches than dinners. This tends to reduce all cravings during the day and evening.
    :drinker: Great idea and also making sure you get your water quota in for the day really seems to help as well.:flowerforyou:
  • MissGulla
    MissGulla Posts: 11
    Options
    I agree with the guy who said 5 smaller meals...if I can eat 5-6 times a day I never get to "I'm soo hungry!" which definitely reduces the desire to overeat. Also, give into the cravings but in moderation...so not every day and not a gallon of ice cream or 5 bags of chips haha.

Another thing I just started is using Shakeology which has reallllly helped. I was skeptical about a meal replacement shake but wow, I love it! Hope this helped!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Two things have really helped me. One, I take a multivitamin every morning. It sounds silly, but the fact that I'm getting either 100%, or a good boost to the vitamins I need for the day really seem to help with cravings. Through some discussions with people here I figure it's because since I'm getting those vitamins my body doesn't always crave the foods that can supply them.
    Second, I like drinking hot tea. It can be plain ol' Lipton, or something fancy and flavored. As far as I know, the teas that come in bags where you brew them yourself are calorie free. The flavor makes it feel like I've eaten something and the hot drink helps relax me. I've started carrying a little "emergency tea" jar in my lunch box so I can make some tea if I get the munchies during the day.
  • mpos
    mpos Posts: 55
    Options
    I like to drink water with some lemon in it. (hot or cold) ...I also take a peek at my food diary & go to the forums. It helps to know that other people are on the same path.
  • WindHauler
    WindHauler Posts: 35
    Options
    Wow, great advice thanks guys! I'm going to try everything on here to see what works for me. I meant chilli no "chill" lol. Thanks!