Finding and keeping motivated - help me get off to a good start!

Options
Hi everyone! I am looking for some pep talks here! Please pitch in! :)

I have gained 15 pounds over this past year that I want to lose, plus another 5 that I had wanted to lose prior to that...so 20 pounds is my goal!

I'm just getting started this week. I have planned at home meals and breakfast/lunch is being packed to take with me every day. My goal is to exercise 30 minutes 4 times a week, as a start. I had been on a kick back in the Spring, and was exercising every day, but I found that I had a ton of anxiety, because other things I needed to do were falling by the wayside. So I ended up falling off the wagon. I think if I can exercise both weekend days, and then a couple times during the busier work week, that will be a good place to start.

I'm trying to think of my main struggles, and I can think of a few. One is soda - I usually have one large soda a day. What do you think is best - cut it cold turkey, or reduce it to a smaller soda for a few days, and then an even smaller amount, and then off it completely? Another is nighttime snacking. I am horrible at this and probably would be appalled at the unnecessary calories I consume at home. I think tracking food here will probably help that some. Also, I want to be realistic with myself and know that I'll want a snack after dinner. What I'd done in the Spring was after exercise in the evening, I'd treat myself to 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (one of my favorite things!). I didn't feel so deprived then. The last thing is making myself exercise! It's just not my favorite! I am hoping when I do it more often I'll start to like it more and maybe look forward to it. Right now, I'd rather curl up with a good book and relax in the evening. I am not a morning exerciser...it's just not going to happen for me...so I have to do it at night after kids are in bed. I also do not go to a gym, the commute is too long for me.