Looking for my Weight Loss Twin

Options
joannie92
joannie92 Posts: 82 Member
edited October 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Copying a post from another fitness pal user I would also like a weight loss twin who is similar measurements to me and with similar goals.

If you look at my profile you'll see I have had a weight gain of over 3 stone, this is the result of a 5 year gradual weight gain and I want to lose this and more!!!!

So my aim: lose 4 stone (or more)
Short term: track food every day and weigh in weekly

I also want to start exercising eventually, but at the moment I'm too ashamed of my body...

So my stats: I'm 23, 5'11" and 20 stone/280lbs.

Admitting my weight is a huge deal so please don't sling abuse at me in the comments...

If there's anyone else out there like me please add me/message me and hopefully we can work together and achieve our goals together.

Replies

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Let me just say, don't feel too embarrassed to exercise. Maybe you can start walking like 20-30 minutes a day? That's most of my exercise anyway...
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Seconding @melonaulait

Walking is good. There are also plenty of videos on YouTube that you could follow at home, and to help with muscle retention while you lose try doing some body weight exercises.

I am linking my favourite routine. You don't have to be able to do it all when you start, work up to being able to do all the moves. It took me months.

Cheers, h.
    https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    joannie92 wrote: »

Admitting my weight is a huge deal so please don't sling abuse at me in the comments...

Well congrats on putting that out there then! That's a huge thing! You're taking charge! Sadly, I'm not your weight loss twin. I am only 5'6", much older, and a bit jealous because you get to eat more than me ;) Best wishes!
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I am 6', 25, started at 293 and am currently 187. I'm not at the same point on the road as you, but we have pretty similar specs, so I'll send you a request!