green tea?!!!

13»

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I like green tea but it has no effect on my weight. Heath and heather green tea with orange blossom is lovely.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    I would suggest Twinings' Earl Grey Green Tea (in general also other's earl grey versions are much better, to my taste, than the 'plain' ones). Generally, I also prefer the loose teas, instead of buying filter bags. Organic shops offer a wide choice.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    My favorite is Uncle Lee's organic green tea.

4s3zojp6jp9c.jpg

You get 100 bags for I think just under $4 at Walmart.

• miztessbert
    miztessbert Posts: 183 Member
    I had read The Ultimate Tea Diet: Burn Fat and Lose Pounds Fast and Forever by "Dr. Tea" and was interested to see if drinking tea helped with losing weight. For a month, I drank green tea several times a day each day (we have a Flavia brewing station at work and I used the green tea from the Bright Tea Co). In the end, I found that I lost the same amount of weight each week regardless of whether I drank green tea several times a day or drank no green tea and just water during the week. Drinking green tea did make it easier to get my eight 8oz glasses of water down per day but that's about it. In any case, I like to make iced tea from the green tea & fruit blends from Stash and the London Fruit & Herb company.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    I drink green tea just about every day. If it was so good at helping with weight loss, I wouldn't be here. I drink Salada. :) Sometimes Lipton.
    Is Lipton a healthy choice?

I don't know what you consider healthy as far as tea goes, but it's tasty.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Is it evil to snort the green tea powder left in the tea bag casing? I love sniffing dry tea leaves.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Dang, 8-10 cups a day? Lets not forget that green tea is a diuretic. If you drink that much tea I would hope you are taking in enough water to counter the diuretic effects, too.

I doubt the diuretic effect is stronger than the amount of water that's already in the tea.

True, but that's a lot of bathroom breaks!
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Try Yogi Blueberry Slim. It's pretty tasty and I don't like tea.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    edited November 2015
    "Obesity. There is conflicting evidence about the effectiveness of green tea for obesity and weight loss. Some preliminary clinical research shows that some specific green tea extracts (AR25, Exolise; Sunphenon) reduce weight in moderately obese and obese patients (8114,54039). Other preliminary clinical research suggests that drinking four cups of green tea daily, or taking two green tea extract capsules containing a total of 870 mg of catechins, daily for 8 weeks can reduce body weight and body mass index (BMI) in obese individuals with metabolic syndrome compared to drinking water (53994). Some evidence suggests that the effect of green tea on weight loss is associated with the amount of catechins and/or caffeine in the supplement, with greater effects observed for supplements with higher amounts of these constituents (37678,37705,53906). In obese or near-obese children, taking a green tea beverage containing 576 mg of catechins daily for 24 weeks seems to reduce waist circumference but not body fat mass compared to placebo (37743).
    However, other clinical evidence suggests that taking green tea preparations for more than 12 weeks does not significantly increase weight loss in obese individuals or improve weight maintenance after weight loss (14428,54076). Also, drinking green tea 960 mL daily for 6 months does not seem to affect weight, BMI, fat mass, or hip and waist circumference in overweight, breast cancer survivors compared with a different herbal tea (54000). Taking decaffeinated green tea extract 1500 mg daily for 16 weeks does not appear to affect body weight, BMI, or waist circumference in obese patients with diabetes compared with placebo (37753,54035).
    A meta-analysis of clinical studies suggests that, overall, taking green tea extract 576-714 mg/day along with caffeine seems to modestly reduce body mass index (BMI), body weight, and waist circumference compared to caffeine alone. However, taking green tea extract without caffeine does not seem to significantly reduce weight or waist circumference (16892)."

I love "gray" answers, why I am a druggist
    Hint: Meta analysis + caffeine content...
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    I don't know if it helps you lose weight or not. Its a good thought anyway.

I drink Celestial Seasonings and Twinnings
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Dang, 8-10 cups a day? Lets not forget that green tea is a diuretic. If you drink that much tea I would hope you are taking in enough water to counter the diuretic effects, too.

I doubt the diuretic effect is stronger than the amount of water that's already in the tea.

True, but that's a lot of bathroom breaks!

Yeah, but worth it.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    emhunter wrote: »
    Try Yogi Blueberry Slim. It's pretty tasty and I don't like tea.

I should have pointed out that this is a green tea with blueberry. I don't like the taste of green tea so this tea is a good way to help cut down on that taste.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    I'll have to try some of the recommended brands, since I like tea of many types but haven't had any luck connecting with the green type. I tried a no-name green tea in the cafeteria once, and I swear it smelled like doggie breath.