Trying to stay motivated

Options
It's been a long journey of trying to lose weight, losing motivation, and slipping back into old habits. But I keep hearing some harsh words that will probably forever haunt me, and in a weird way they drive me forward.
It was 5 years ago (almost to the day) that my now ex-fiancee broke up with me on my 30th birthday, stating I was "too old and too fat" to be loved anymore. I think those words would have crushed anyone, especially when I found out he left me for a "friend" of mine that was 8 years younger, 60 pounds lighter, and that he moved her in 48 hours after he dumped me.
Since then I've found love once again, married an amazing man, and I've maintained my weight at 180 pounds, 50 plus pounds overweight. He doesn't push me to lose weight, but when I have to go up a size in some sort of clothing, that's when I want to do something about it. That's when those words of "too old and too fat to be loved" come back in. But I quickly get sore and tired, lose motivation, and slip back into old habits.
The new motivation now is we're trying for a baby, and it's a lot harder because of my weight. I've seen how friends that didn't take care of their bodies, how pregnancy has changed their bodies forever! I'm already older than most of my friends that have had babies, and I want to be healthy enough to keep up with a little one.
I'm currently logging all my food, doing my exercise tapes, DVDs, and going for walks with the dog. But I just need that motivation to keep going, and make sure I can prove that ex wrong, I'm NOT too old or too fat to be LOVED! And be able to hear those magic words from my doctor of "you're pregnant."
We all slip into what's comfortable, we all want to skip that workout for just one day, and we all want to "forget" to log in that triple chocolate brownie sundae. We're human, we make mistakes, but we need motivation to keep going!
I'll encourage you if you encourage me! Let's do this together!

Replies

• stircrzy
    stircrzy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Everyone deserves to be loved and what a wonderful time for you. Trying for my first baby had it's ups and downs, as did loosing the weight after, but you are absolutely right. Being fit makes motherhood just a bit easier and being able to be a good role model to your little ones will help solidify any good habits you develop now. Feel free to friend me and we can keep each other motivated!
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    To Undertoe, first of all so sorry you were with someone who would treat you so horrible. I hope he and his new skinny girl are miserable. I'm sure they are btw. As far as you starting over.. good for you!!!!! Remember it's a new beginning and people come into our lives for a reason, but don't use those harsh words as motivation. Do this for you and only you. I love your encouragement and that you want to change I too want to change and plan to get "moving" again. 2 years ago I was where I wanted to be I was fit and thin and amazed at myself but slipped back into my lack of motivation due to stress. I'm back and we can help each other.
  • mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest key here is that you need to realize the only person who can let those words effect you is YOU. Without taking them to heart, they're just words. That guys a jerk. Anyways. I'll be really straight with you, "too sore and too tired, unmotivated" are excuses. And every one has one. It's when you decide that YOU are worth all the health and happiness in the world is when you're going to make the change. Be honest with yourself. Make sure you log EVERYTHING. Make sure you give your workouts your full effort. Make healthy substations in your diet, lean meats, veggies, stay away from sugary carbs. Take care of yourself emotionally. YOU are worth it and you deserve all the love in the world. ❤️❤️