Need Quick Easy Meal Ideas to help loose weight and gain muscle!

Hello,

I have never really reached out for any type of help or support but i really want to take my body to a whole new level by the new year. I am a busy single mom who works full time, I am not the best cook either. Looking for help in easy meal planning ideas that I can start off with.

Appreciate any help/feedback!
Aleesha

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Unfortunately you can't lose weight and gain muscle at the same time (with the small exception of newbie gains which doesn't apply to everyone). That's why you hear of Cut and Bulk cycles (calorie deficit and calorie surplus, respectively).

That being said, protein is your best friend. It helps preserve your current LBM. My go to meals usually have alot of chicken breast because it gives you alot of bang (protein) for your buck (calories).

Since you're busy, make the crockpot do all the work for you. Something simple like chicken breasts, cream of chicken and some veggies make a nice chicken stew. I add refrigerated biscuits to that about 45 minutes before serving to make it into an awesome chicken & dumplings recipe.

• jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Learn to love using a Crock pot! You can cook just about anything and even freeze meals ahead of time if you are meal planning. Thrown in any meat and vegetables, add some herbs and liquid and you're good to go.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Check out skinny taste.com
  • Thanks all! Heading out to get a crock pot tonight! Going to be a crockpot Queen by the end of the week!!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Thanks all! Heading out to get a crock pot tonight! Going to be a crockpot Queen by the end of the week!!

It seriously one of the best purchases I ever made. That and a food scale.