HELP with meal ideas to get more protein.

Options
2»

Replies

• Abbyog7
    Abbyog7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would replace cereal with Turkey egg white muffins. I bake a pan on Sundays and the last me all week. All you have to do is warm them in the microwave.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    dneul wrote: »
    Carbmaster yogurt from krogers/Fred Meyers has 9g protein, 3 g carbs 60 cal. I eat 3 for breakfast many days.... special k protein cereal . ...occasiobal protein bar (pure protein is low sugar and 20g) tuna from a pouch. I get anywhere between 90 to 150 of protein in a day without using any powder.

So you realize that the Carbmaster yogurt derives it protein from protein powder right (milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate)? If you get a pure whey protein isolate or micellar casein with minimal ingredients, they are not all that bad. I like myprotein powders personally as they have pure versions (most pure is the unflavored) and fair price.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    You could replace your cereal/milk with a breakfast burrito, egg sandwich, or fritatta. All of those can be made ahead of time and stored in your freezer so they're ready to go when you are (http://www.hellobee.com/2014/02/06/10-make-ahead-freezer-breakfasts/).

Great thanks I'll maybe try the burrito and egg sandwich. Do you just take it out of the freezer the night before?

You should! I make breakfast burritos for my partner and I take them out of the freezer and put them in his lunch box in the fridge. Then by the time he is at work it just needs to be heated. When they have to be defrosted via microwave the tortilla gets hard in places. Tolerable but easy to avoid!
  • lauraloy2013
    lauraloy2013 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've only just seen the latter comments. Great advice.