Losing Weight after Back Surgery

Options
Hi everyone! Long story short, I had back surgery about 6 months ago and I'm trying to lose weight. The catch is that I'm still using a cane, so I'm also working towards walking without it. Please let me know if you have any tips! And feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Just worry about calories thats the most important. Make sure you use a food scale to weigh all solids. Have you put your info into mfp to see how many calories you are supose to eat remember thats before excercise.work on losing by cutting calories when you can get around better than add some excercise remember it more for your health not for weight loss but it can help. If you want to add me you can i have over 100 pounds still to lose i have lost 39 so far so i will be here for a while. I have a open diary if yours is not open can you open it.
  • bubbaacat
    bubbaacat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I to am recovering from XLIF on L-2 L-3 L-4.
    I have 2 12' rods in my back which makes bending very difficult.
    I did PT for 12 weeks but that did not help the muscle spasms or the distance for me to walk long periods of time, so I decided to swim.
    Find a YMCA around you and take the pressure of your spine, you will burn a lot a cal. just by being in the water.
    Good luck, keep me posted.
    Brenda