when to eat when you are working nights?

Options
When to eat when you are working nights?

Replies

• amnelson714
    amnelson714 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Valid question... I eat at the American times/same amounts just at night. Sometimes what I eat is a bit weird, like eating dinner with the family right when I wake up but when I eat remains pretty similar, just switch your am/pm. Hope it helps!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter. Eat when ever you like.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want to. Timing makes little no difference. Steak at 6AM, pancakes at 6 PM, makes no difference.
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When I worked overnights, I also lived 25 minutes from my job and gym (which were basically next door). So I'd wake up in the evening, 6-7pm ish, eat when I wake up, go to the gym and be at work at 10 (I promise I showered). Since my job was ultra boring at night I packed lots of low calorie snacks to graze on through the night instead of a set lunch. Then I'd go home, watch tv and eat something and be in bed by 10-11am. I counted my calories midnight-midnight and looked more at the weekly deficit than the daily.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    whenever you want to....why would it matter?
  • 11leahsb
    11leahsb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I completely switched my schedule and stayed on it as much as possible. So 7am=7pm.so I just ate normal meals and snacks at normal intervals, just flip am and pm.
  • kacotugno86
    kacotugno86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I work nights also and it really screws me up when I have a bunch of days off in a row, because then my eating times change and I feel like sometimes I eat an extra meal.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The same thing that you'd eat if you worked during the day. :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    The same thing that you'd eat if you worked during the day. :)

+1...

nothing really changes for working at night in my mind. If you sleep later because you have to work a night then you may just move your "break fast" to suit your sleeping routine and eat lunch and dinner at optimal times such as to eat with your family, or to spread out eating times so that you eat according to your dieting routine to loose weight.

Really just set it up and work it out... Or just listen the body and feed it when its hungry...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's really a matter of personal preference. I usual ring a small meal and a bunch of snacks and kinda munch my way through my shift, but then I'm free to eat any time at work, which I know not everyone is.