Metformin buddies

Options
Last week my doctor put me on Metformin. I've been very slowly losing weight on my own over the last six months through calorie counting and exercise but it's been a long slow slog and I've only just lost 1stone. They'd now diagnosed PCOS and I'm looking for some buddies that are going through the same thing for support.

Replies

• nikijh
    nikijh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi my Dr put me on metaformin for PCOS but also my mother is on it for being diabetic. She has noticed a massive difference and from eating healthy alone, taking metaformin and no working out has slimmed down from a size 20 to a 14 within the alst 6 months. However myself didn't notice any difference on metaformin and decided to come off it. I think it's dependant on the actual person as to wether it'll work or not, I wasn't a lucky one but my mom was. Keep an eye on your size's rather than focusing on the weight.
  • Lukelpn
    Lukelpn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nikijh, I think it is great your mom list the weight. However, I disagree about the not watch the weight. Weight if important to monitor. Sizes can be altered based on the maker. However, if you are using the same scale daily, then there is no doubt when those numbers start staring back at you. I know it is not the only thing, however weight monitoring helps. At least for me. It is a motivation. Just this week, realized I put 5lbs back on. Time to get my butt back n gear. Thanks for reading.
  • blackangelcreations
    Options
    Side effects aren't bad now that I've been on it for three weeks. I've been seeing a nutritionalist though and she's giving me such conflicting infornation. My consultant advised me to eat less than 1400 calories a day and I've been eating 1300 but the nutritionalist says I need to eat 1700 to lose weight. Surely this will mean I will put on weight. I'm worried that perhaps I'm underestimating how much I'm eating and so I've cut my calories to 1200. My consultant said it would be harder to lose weight with the PCOS but the nutritionalist says she's never heard of that and if I just eat healthily and exercise then I'll lose weight. It's been a very confusing day for me.