Looking for someone to hold me accountable?

Options
It's hard for me to do it by myself, and my friends couldn't care less lol.
I'm trying to lose 35 pounds, and I end up giving up every time because I hate doing this alone. I know it's not an excuse, but it's so hard for me to change my mind set. I'm hoping if I have someone to hold me accountable, it'll give me that extra boost?
If you have any ideas on how I can discipline myself easier, or some tricks to keep going, I'd love to hear them.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It is an excuse....only you can do this and having strangers or friends/family on your butt about it won't make it easier or better...

You either want this or you don't...if you do...just do it.

Otherwise no one can make you.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    It is an excuse....only you can do this and having strangers or friends/family on your butt about it won't make it easier or better...

You either want this or you don't...if you do...just do it.

Otherwise no one can make you.

YES!!! You either want to lose the weight and do what you need to do, or not. It really is that simple.
  • nicolegrim
    nicolegrim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Sasha,

I'd love to be your accountability buddy! I've been using this app on and off for a year or two, but haven't stuck with it like I should. I have a similar weight loss goal too. Having support is great, and having someone to check in with you about what you've eaten or If you took that run you meant to is even better.

I'm not sure how adding people/sharing diaries works, but I'd be happy to be your buddy if you be mine!
  • neveranend
    neveranend Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love having a body to do this with. I'm I just hit 40 lbs down, and am recovering from foot surgery and I really am motivated and want to amp up my weight loss. Looking for support and to support others :)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could start a whatsapp group and then when you are feeling like you need a boost you can mes sage and ask for extra support? I'd be happy to join a group for sensible choices!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    you can only depend on YOU not others :neutral: you have to want this badly enough...