Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Friends Gaining weight via Weight lifting

I have lost 70 lbs over the past year or so, but as of thanksgiving I will begin a calorie surplus to slowly gain weight via weight lifting, etc. Looking for friends with similar goals. Im a 39 year old male, married, 4 kids (yep 4).

There are a lot of people wanting to gain weight on here, but who out there is focusing on gaining it through training, eating right, and tracking everything?

I would like to build friends with similar goals.

Please add me if you are the same. Thanks!!

Replies

• dizzler1
    dizzler1 Posts: 48 Member
    70lbs awesome , I have gone down the exact same route .only needed to lose 35lbs though ( only !!) and now gaining lean mass through lifting for the last couple of months . Slowly but surely
  • coryrood
    coryrood Posts: 100 Member
    Me and you have pretty much the exact same path. Are you running a structured routine?
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Me... going through slow recomp, eating within/ up to my goals, and lifting heavy. I've gained almost 20lbs since I started... it's been a good little while though... several years. I didn't even find a good program until maybe a year and a half ago, so some of that time was not used as effectively as it could have been.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    coryrood wrote: »
    Me and you have pretty much the exact same path. Are you running a structured routine?

Great to hear! I look forward to hearing how your progress goes.

I do cardio about twice a week but only for about thirty minutes max. Most days I am doing free weights in my basement which I really enjoy. I've been working hard on ensuring progressive overload and scheduling what I do each day of the week. So far so good.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    thank you everyone for your friend requests. I'm looking forward to the next handful of months to see what I can accomplish over time
  • coryrood
    coryrood Posts: 100 Member
    moto450 wrote: »
    coryrood wrote: »

Great to hear! I look forward to hearing how your progress goes.

I do cardio about twice a week but only for about thirty minutes max. Most days I am doing free weights in my basement which I really enjoy. I've been working hard on ensuring progressive overload and scheduling what I do each day of the week. So far so good.

Only difference is I started adding calories almost 2 months ago. I'd start ramping tour daily calories up now as your 1700 per day is probably 1500 calories low.