30s and 30lbs

Options
Hi, my name is Thera. I am a work at home mom with a 4 year old daughter. Before getting married 9 years ago I was 125 and happy, before my daughter I was 140 and content. Now I am pushing 165 and miserable. I am looking for some people in the same situation who are ready to work together to create a better lifestyle for ourselves and our families. I struggle with eating too much when we are constantly running around. Does anyone else?

Replies

• Bruce
    Bruce Posts: 29 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal! Maybe check out Groups to see if you can find some others in the same situation.

Click Community>Groups and you can search from there
  • robmcleod613
    robmcleod613 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Thera,

My name is RoB and I am a Canadian guy who recently turned 50 years old

Last September I returned to Vegetarianism and in July I transitioned fully over to a Vegan lifestyle.

I have lost over 50lbs and you can too. I mean that and really believe it.

Note: I am not selling anything or trying to get anything from you.

I started my own NOMAD program. No Meat Alcohol Drugs.

All the plain raw veggies you can humanly consume.

Seriously consider integrating a Fitbit into your MyFitnessPal nutrition and exercise regime.
    The additional information will make you much more conscious of both your activity and sleep levels.

If you don't feel like spending money on a Fitbit right now, no problem.

Just get the FREE Fitbit App and create a FREE account. Then goto Fitbit.com and login. Them setup MobileTrack for your phone operating system (Android/iOS).

This will allow you to use your smartphone as a pedometer and track the stats in your Fitbit account/App. As a little bonus if you have an iOS phone the last 7 days of your pedometer info will automatically upload to Fitbit the first time MobileTrack syncs with your smartphone.

No I am not selling Fitbits. The point it that inside your MyFitnessPal App settings you can tell it to integrate the information from your Fitbit into your MFP app.

Why is this important? The Fitbit App sends your exercise, heart rate and other data (depending on the model) wirelessly to your MFP App and you get a Fitbit Calorie Adjustment (FCA). For example I got a FCA of 975 calories for the 17,206 steps I did today. This means that your CICO ratio is kept in balance as your activity level increases.

RoB