2»

Replies

• collosus_ken
    collosus_ken Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Useful techniques that knock down your excuses

1) batch cook at the weekend / when you have a spare hour. Make big casseroles, stews, soups. Build them in recipe builder, weigh finished fish log it as number of 100g servings. Put in fridge, Freeze half in portions. Quick hot go to meals in under 5 minutes

2) grate a tub of very strong cheese, put in Tupperware in fridge / precook rice...fridge Tupperware...microwave is your friend

3) pre-bagged salad

4) spend time in supermarket looking for healthy, lower calorie ready meals...do not look in weightwatchers / lean cuisine style foods but the regular ones...that's how I found BOL Sri Lankan lentil sambar and thai coconut curry etc ...meals under 300 calories eaten on a bed of mixed salad leaves

5) find snacks you love ...0% Greek yogurt and berries,multipack chips, toast, ice lollies and ice creams etc

6) frozen veg (including Mediterranean style roast veg), cartons of egg white, triangles low fat spreading cheese

7) re-prioritise and stop making excuses for why its so hard for you ...it's not easy for anyone

This!!!

I am on a restricted diet that highly limits any convenience foods. With my right arm in a cast it has been difficult to prep fresh meat and produce.

At first I had a "pity party" and then I found solutions.

OP...throw things in a crockpot and then go do your busy life...come home to a cooked meal.

Crockpot is THE way to go on a busy schedule!