Exercise Ball

Options
My orthopedic and physical therapist have taken me off all strenuous exercise and want me to use the big exercise ball. I am to do 3 sets of 6 sit-ups. I am also to go back to doing 3 sets of 6 wall push-ups. Unfortunately, I do not see the exercise ball or wall push-ups. Can anyone help me figure out how to calculate the calories burned?

Replies

• sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    There won't be an exact measure for these since they are not technically "cardio" but more of strength training. The best way to see how many calories burned is to get a heart rate monitor. This is because depending on your speed, intensity, the shape you are in - you will burn a very different amount of calories. There are too many factors for the website to accurately gage this.

Hope this helps -
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    18 ball situps and 18 wall pushups a day isn't something that should have calories entered for. They'll be so low and inconsequential that they aren't worth eating back, because most likely they would get overestimated and you would end up eating back too much.

Just enter them under strength training (create your own), just to keep track of how many you did each day, because in reality it's probably less than 20 calories burned above and beyond what you would have burned siting on the couch as those aren't intense exercises.

Does that make sense?
  • lucia698
    lucia698 Posts: 15
    Options
    It does make sense. Thank you for your input.