gained almost 5lbs in 10 days

Options
Ok, so I know its not all fat or muscle. And some of its probably water.
I went on a ten day eating spree. But not all ten days were bad. Some days I ate at a deflict then some days Ioverate big time. It was like every 2-3 days I messed up. So now I'm OK! Because I felt like such s*** I never want to do that again! How long do you think it will take me to get back down to my recent weight. I do look a little puffy and lost some definition in my stomach. My legs look a little swollen. I didn't stop exercising the whole time!

Thanks! :)

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I go up and down 3 pounds a day in water weight...and that's fairly normal. Drink more water, decrease your sodium if you're feeling bloated and be patient.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Really?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    I go up and down 3 pounds a day in water weight...and that's fairly normal. Drink more water, decrease your sodium if you're feeling bloated and be patient.

cosighn ..unless you think that you ate 35,000 calories over maintenance in ten days?

you look puffy and swollen because…wait for it….bloating from water weight. Drink water, get your eating back on track, and it will go away in a few days….
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    They are correct. After lifting yesterday, I'm up 3.5 lbs today. Totally normal.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It's good that you've realised you don't want to do it again. Sometimes it takes falling off the wagon a little to enforce why you're doing it :)

I agree with what others have said, don't stress too much over it, it's probably a mixture of water weight and a tiny bit of weight gain, but as ndj1979 said, that's a lot of calories to have gone over by! Just drink some water and use it as a learning experience/motivation to stay on track :)
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate 5-7 lbs over one day, let alone several. Depends on my hydration and how hard I workout. It happens and is why it's better to track trend over time than a solid number.
  • big_striker
    big_striker Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Happened me to last week. Trousers feel tighter, face is fatter looking, stomach is bigger than normal and frequent mood swings. However I know this is usual and happened before so just a case of getting back into my previous routine and I'll be back to normal in a week or 2
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I've "gained" 5.6 pounds since my last weigh-in a week ago. It's probably entirely water, as I ate way too much salty foods that I normally don't eat in that week: Chinese food, some chips and crackers, and a buffet with a friend where, as I was eating, I kept thinking "Wow this food is very, very salty." My ankles are also slightly swollen, showing marks from my socks, which I normally don't have.

I know it will go down. It just takes patience. Still, that spike in my progress line hurts! But I've only myself to blame.