Good looking people get treated better?

Options
Char231023
Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
I am curious. Do you think good looking or pretty men and women get treated better?

Replies

• BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Only by 4rseholes.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was always more "cute" than pretty, but I sure as hell benefited from it most of my life. Got promotions, got preferred by the boss. Got my food quicker at restaurants. Got let off on speed fines. Too many things to count.

Got old and fat and missed the preferential treatment ;)
  • rongata
    rongata Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's a known fact in all facets of life
  • moijo1
    moijo1 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yes and no. I've seen good looking people get preferential treatment and attention but also be snubbed because of intimidation and jealousy

^^^^^ this and i think they also have to put up with more than the average person. just watch legally blonde.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Is the Pope catholic?
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I've seen good looking people get preferential treatment and attention but also be snubbed because of intimidation and jealousy

So much this.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    I'm genuinely surprised by this.
    I thought this was just a media / movies thing.
    Christ, I'm naive.
  • branflakes1980
    Options
    Does syrup have sugar?

Yes, and sugar is an addiction so blame syrup for EVERYTHING! :wink:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends on the situation. I have seen a truly beautiful woman be tore down and called all sorts of names for nothing more than being pretty. I think in general though some people are more likely to favor things and people that they like to look at. It doesn't mean that life is easy for "better looking" people by any means, though.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Unfortunately we can't all be Shallow Hal.

We shouldn't need to be. Just be sound to people.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    The perks of being good looking far outweigh the negatives. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
  • branflakes1980
    Options
    @branflakes1980

Nice shirt

Hey Thanks :smile:

• jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My entire successful 20-year career started when I was offered a job interview because a someone found me attractive. I didn't know this until after I'd been in the job for about 2 years. I passed the interview on my own merits, but I never would have gotten in the door if I hadn't been cute and (and smart and had a good personality, I like to think :) ).

It's BS, but I have a hard time complaining about it.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    They may, but not by me. I treat everyone respectfully until they prove to me that they don't deserve it, then I ignore them.

I treat everyone the way I want to be treated and I tend to be treated well and I'm not attractive.

If you judge people on their looks, rather than their actions, you deserve whatever that gets you.
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Not only do better looking people get treated better. They face fewer consequences than less attractive people. I know a woman who doesn't even have to work. Smh
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    Do good looking people get treated better, or do confident people look better and then get treated better?
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    In my experience, you get treated better if you're confident in yourself. Being funny and nice to people helps too.