National Cat Day: a great burn!

Options
On this most important of days, don't forget that you can use the time spent in obsequious groveling in front of your furry feline house tyrant to really up the burn! Bow deep, and let your core in on the action. Pet harder, and make sure to hoist It's Majesty into the air between pets. This not only demonstrates your fawning devotion, but depending on the size of the cat can really give your arms and shoulders a hearty workout.
So how do you plan on showing your self-appointed House God your love and devotion?

Replies

• Clydefit88
    Clydefit88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This just made my day! Thank you.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I shall spend it quietly sobbing at my lack of feline companionship. Im allergic :(
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have 4 cats. I will make sure to pick each one of them up and give them a big hug tonight. One weighs at least 15 lbs so I might get a bit of a workout in lol :smile: lvs89vgs56wd.jpeg
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Clydefit88 wrote: »
    This just made my day! Thank you.
    brb2008 wrote: »
    I shall spend it quietly sobbing at my lack of feline companionship. Im allergic :(
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    I have 4 cats. I will make sure to pick each one of them up and give them a big hug tonight. One weighs at least 15 lbs so I might get a bit of a workout in lol :smile: lvs89vgs56wd.jpeg

Clyde- you're welcome.
    BRB and tiffkitty - Both of these displays of willing cat servitude are acceptable. Don't forget to throw in some groveling for good measure.
  • Ponkeen
    Options
    Also- those kitties are so cute!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Ponkeen wrote: »
    Also- those kitties are so cute!

Thanks!
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw, I covet your kitchen :). The cats are pretty darn cute, too.

My 17 pounder likes to make me chase him around my son's room at bedtime before he hides under the bed and won't come out (we usually try to shut the kid's door before bedtime, but don't remember all the time, and the cat wants to be with his boy). Once I manage to get him out, I'll have to chase the kitten for a little while as he decides it's his turn to be a little @$@($(@. Good times, good times.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My feline overlord will not tolerate being manhandled by her serving apes. So instead I will get down on the floor to worship her appropriately (and maybe squeeze some yoga between headbutts).
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I will be sure to be thankful that my PITA old, fat cat is still alive when I am cleaning up the puppy pads I have to lay down around her litter box because she has decided the carpet is a better place to pee. (No, nothing wrong with her. She's just old, fat and apparently just really lazy.)
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    The aging Queen in my household will get extra laser light time tonight since apparently my main purpose is to amuse her. The younger Lord will get carried around a bit longer than usual after he jumps into my arms when I get home (his favorite trick). The Lord weighs 22 pounds, carrying him around is work.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Darn it, I shouldn't have turned on the vaccuum earlier. I upset his Majesty on this most special of days.

I will reserve for him a morsel of stew meat from my dinner later to make amends.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    spatulamom wrote: »
    tiffkittyw, I covet your kitchen :). The cats are pretty darn cute, too.

My 17 pounder likes to make me chase him around my son's room at bedtime before he hides under the bed and won't come out (we usually try to shut the kid's door before bedtime, but don't remember all the time, and the cat wants to be with his boy). Once I manage to get him out, I'll have to chase the kitten for a little while as he decides it's his turn to be a little @$@($(@. Good times, good times.

Thank you :smile:
  • Ponkeen
    Options
    knelson095 wrote: »
    Darn it, I shouldn't have turned on the vaccuum earlier. I upset his Majesty on this most special of days.

I will reserve for him a morsel of stew meat from my dinner later to make amends.

Oh dear! It might take more than a morsel!