It may sound silly but it helps me..

Options
2»

Replies

• krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    This is not silly. It's very motivating. It makes me think like this - "If I could do it then, I can do it now"
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Anything that works for you may be helpful. As for as working out I have decided only to do what I expect to be able to do at age 75-80. Some claim running over 15 miles a week will damage the heart due to raising one's level of inflammation too high for long life. If this is true then it stands to reason it may increase cancer risks as well. Being much older my goal is more on living longer than how I look. :)

Sounds like my father! You keep going!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    When I gained to my highest, I saw pictures posted on Facebook and thought that there was no way I could possibly look that bad. Every picture was just "a bad angle" or "a weird pose" or whatever. It couldn't possibly be that I really looked that way.

When I finally took the blinders off is when I was able to start losing. The first step in making progress is recognizing that you have a problem, as cliche as that sounds.

I don't think its a bad idea to use pictures to motivate yourself, whether its pictures of your goal or pictures of you at your heaviest.