Breastfeeding mums

Options
Im soo clueless on dieting while breastfeeding ? HELP

Replies

• mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm not breastfeeding any more but the key was not cutting back too much to inhibit your supply. I found I could almost feel if I was eating too little. I would say input your info to MFP to lose 1 lb a week and then add 200-300 calories to that to keep your supply up
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Put your info in mfp and every time you breastfeed, add that info to the food menu and it will add calories back to your calorie budget.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, it really varies on the woman. Some are able to start a moderate cut pretty soon after birth. Others can't do anything at all or their milk supply dries up. Others can't start to reduce right away, but can after a few months.

It really seems to vary greatly based on the woman. If it's been at least 6 weeks after birth (this has been what I've seen as the starting point to establish a healthy milk supply), you can try cutting back, but do so only moderately at first. If you have not ill effects, then you can continue or cut back a little bit more. But do so very gradually and stop if you see a reduction inadequate milk supply.