Limiting Carbs...what a difference!

Options
I LOVE carbs...it's that simple, but I felt like I was stalling in my weight loss journey. I was mixing up my workouts (cardio - HIIT, weights, strength training) and watching what I eat but nothing seemed to be working. Well, it was, but it was just slow and I know, slow and steady wins the race and it's easier to mainintain long term. Still, something was holding me back. I knew I was eating waaaaaaay too many carbs and not enough protein.

I decided to shake things up and I changed my macros so I was having more protein and I was ONLY eating carbs those heavier carbs at breakfast and lunch. Decreasing my daily carb intake, and making sure I was eating even MORE veggies than I was before resulted in a 2.6 lb weight loss this past week. WHAT ... 2.6 are you kidding me? Mostly I'd been losing .8 - 1.5 which was normal for me

I feel so much better, not having a really "heavy/full" stomach from carbs. I also gave up my morning coffee for green tea and discovered shirataki noodles instead. Baby steps, after 2 1/2 months and this new kickstart I can't wait to see what's next! :happy:

(BTW: I do eat things like quinoa as well,but I watch how much and when... and no more white/red potatoes for me...although I "may" have sweet potato every now and then)