what did you eat when you were trying to lose weight?

Options
Ive been trying o lose weight but always go off track. I get bored easily sticking to the same healthy foods. Any ideas or recipes ideas or substitutions?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I eat all the same stuff as before for the most part - just less of it (and more accurate portion sizes). I have about 30 recipes that I rotate that my family will eat most of the time. I don't do a ton of substituting with "diet" foods, because they are mostly gross!
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open for all to see, feel free to see if any of it helps you with snack or meal ideas.

I eat a lot of (grilled) seafood and lots of roasted veggies.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Salads, sandwiches, pasta, fruit, veggies, meat.... everything I guess?

I just eat less desserts, less chips, less sugary drinks....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ive been trying o lose weight but always go off track. I get bored easily sticking to the same healthy foods. Any ideas or recipes ideas or substitutions?

Ice cream, McDonald's, Pop-Tarts, Taco Bell, Quizno's, fish and chips, cheese fondue, Subway, Doritos, etc.

There's no such thing as "healthy foods." A diet in its entirety is either healthy or not. It's healthy if you're hitting appropriate calorie and macronutrient goals.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want. I just don't (usually) *overeat* any of it. I LOVE candy and mashed potatoes and homemade baked goods... this is about getting healthy for LIFE, not a quick fix. You have to learn to live with the foods you love and eat them in *moderation*. If you aren't willing to give up certain foods for ever, then don't give them up now. I will never stop eating cookies and chips and various chocolate covered things!
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

Oatmeal
    Greek Yogurt
    Egg white omelette with salmon + cream cheese
    Air popped popcorn (this usually leads to wanting a beer though)
    Miso soup
    Beef jerky