It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle

Options
I am looking for women ages 40-60 who have lost or need to loose more then 50 lbs by changing their lifestyle NOT through surgery or other food plans. I know that if one moves more and eats less, keep added sugars and bad carbs out of their diet that it can be done. This is a daily struggle and I have for the most part over come compulsive, emotional over eating with an occasional slip up. Who would like to join me in this journey? P.M. me. Thanks! Lynne

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I am 45 and have been very overweight for most of my life. I started in March with a goal loss of 99 pounds. I am currently down 34 pounds. I weigh less now than I did when I was 23.

I never needed to move more. I move plenty. But I did need to pay closer attention to how much I was eating compared to my daily burn. I have not eliminated anything from my diet that I previously ate. I enjoy bread, candy, cookies, chips, pizza, chocolate,ice cream, cheese,nuts, bread and whole milk. I also eat lots of whole grains, fruits and veggies and meat of all kinds.

I used to make excuses about having a slow metabolism, thought that sugar, carbs, fat, genetics, healthy etc were the causes of my being overweight. I tried eliminations. pills and even just decided that I was just destined to be overweight and adopted the fit can be fat mantra. I was of course wrong on all counts.

And deep down I kinda knew that.

Losing weight does not have to be about eliminating things you enjoy eating. Doing so will only make the journey harder than it needs to be. It sees to me more a case of changing how you think about food, being more aware of your eating habits and taking personal responsibility for your choices.

When I stopped fighting it and just got out the scale and started logging I discovered that CICO is really a lot easier and more doable than any of those crazy fad diets. For once I actually do believe that I can be fit and healthy at a good weight for my height and that I will achieve that goal... in time.

Good luck on your own journey.