26-Nov:
    27-Nov:
    28-Nov:
    29-Nov:
    30-Nov:
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @msf74 - Just the red dog is mine. The black one is a friend found on the beach. They do have a great time splashing, running and chasing and rolling in the sand of course :)
    @snha - It is the Huntington Beach, CA dog beach. One of the few where dogs are allowed to run off leash here.
    @skippygirlsmom - It is so good to have a dentist you like and trust. We have been seeing ours since college and I saw his dad until he retired. Don't what I will do when he finally decides to retire but he has kids in college to pay for yet so it will be a while!
    @dharwood68 - it was great weather this morning for a run in the rain! Just wish you would have sent more of it south :)
    @kareF - so glad you got good news about your ankle and that the physio is going to work with you and keep you out of a boot! The 6 weeks will be over before you know it and you will be back to running again!
    @Virkati - the dog beach is so fun for all of us!

Got in a great easy run this morning in the cool, cloudy, almost, but not quite rain.

Date..........Miles.........Total
    11/01.......0.00...........0.00
    11/02.......4.84...........4.84 - + Agility
    11/03.......5.20.........10.04 - + Strength Training
    11/04.......0.00.........10.04
    11/05.......6.23.........16.27 - + Strength Training
    11/06.......0.00.........16.27 - unplanned rest
    11/07.....10.50.........26.77
    11/08......0.00..........26.77
    11/09......5.30..........32.07 - + Agility

exercise.png

These are my upcoming races, let me know if you are going to be running too:
    11/21/15 - USA Invitational Half, San Diego, CA
    12/27/15 - Holiday Half, San Diego, CA
    02/07/15 - Surf City Half, Huntington Beach, CA
    02/20/15 - Special Edition Divas Half, Temecula, CA
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    brandy79tx wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Glad I stumbled a cross this site. I am in need of some motivation. Since it is already the 9th, I will throw 60 miles out there. I am not a huge runner, so we will see how if I can progress.

Welcome! We'll be glad to help you get addicted, and then enable your "acting-out"!
  • 9voice9
    Options
    ewrook wrote: »
    Slow start this month. Runny nose and early dark have been challenges.

Running has been the best thing for my drippy sinuses. Have you heard about the farmer's blow?

http://www.runnersworld.com/training-video/mastering-the-farmers-blow
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Waited to run til the afternoon-- saw it was 32 degrees, and said, "Nope."
    @kristinegift that's a Heat wave. In my run along the River Bank tonight It was -3C = 27F, add the Wind-chill factor -8C which feels like 18F. I did notice the first small Ice pans (dinner plate size) floating along in the river. Still at least a month until the True Freeze Up unless we get hit with 2 weeks of -40 ( = Dreadmill Running ).

@juliet3455 Brr, that's so cold! Regular cold temperatures isn't too bad, but wind chill is the worst part of winter running, imo. Chills you to the bone! And -40 is just crazy cold. Ick! lol
  • brandy79tx
    brandy79tx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Day 1 3.5 miles
    56.5 to go
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    1-0 miles
    2-3.72 miles
    3-4.86 miles-I think. Phone restarted during my run
    4-rest day
    5-sick day. was supposed to do another 4.5 but I have a hacking cough that makes breathing hard. Head colds I can run with; chest colds, not so much
    6-rest day.
    7-sick
    8-sick
    9-3.2 miles, still sick but couldn't stand it any more
    10-5.28 miles. a little slow but I'm still sick. so slow is fine

upcoming race: 8k turkey trot with cinnamon buns at the end

exercise.png

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Nov 1 - rest
    Nov 2 - 3.2
    Nov 3 - 4.3
    Nov 4 - strength training
    Nov 5 - rest
    Nov 6 - 5.0 Had to loop in front of house to hit 5 exactly. ;)
    Nov 7 - 5.0 in daylight!
    Nov 8 - 6.0 in daylight, but too darn hot and humid.
    Nov 9 - rest day.
    Nov 10 - 4.7 miles - hot and humid; slow and sweaty. If I should complain about the cold (if we ever get it), just tell me to shut up. :wink:

exercise.png

@karef- six weeks will fly by. Glad you have a person you trust to help you!
    @dharwood68 - definitely love to run in the rain, unless it's lightning and then I'm a chicken.

Here is the bear my neighbor filmed with this security cameras. http://screencast.com/t/iBFd2108W
    Neighbor went out to get the mail close to midnight and the bear ran away but then a few seconds later turns back. Bear has been seen just about every morning and night but is afraid of people (thank goodness), so I try to be noisy while running so bear knows I'm coming. I realized this morning my singing probably sounds like a wounded animal so I had to adjust the tone.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    11/1: 22 miles LR
    11/2: 5 miles recovery style
    11/3: XT: 15 miles indoor bike
    11/4: 10 miles
    11/5: 7 miles tempo run (am), 7.2 with the Thursday crew (pm)
    11/6: Rest day
    11/7: 6 miles
    11/8: 15 miles - partly with group, partly solo
    11/9: 5 miles
    11/10: XT: 30 mins yoga

Really needed the yoga this morning. My hamstrings and heels have been really tight lately, and now they feel significantly less tight. Trying to incorporate more yoga into my taper, and hopefully post-marathon it'll stick!

77.2/150

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    11/14: Harrington Park 5k (USATF-NJ Women's 5k Championships!)
    11/22: Philadelphia Marathon
    .....?
    5/1: New Jersey Marathon

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    11/1-Rest
    11/2-Strength Training
    11/3-5.0 miles
    11/4-3.2 miles+ strength training
    11/5-5.2 miles
    11/6-4.5 miles +yoga
    11/7-Nada
    11/8-Another crappy day of nada
    11/9-4.5 miles

@kristinegift -Yoga also does wonders for Taper Madness! You are getting down to the wire-Good luck!!

exercise.png
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    Nov 01      6.5      6.5
    Nov 07      4.2     10.7
    Nov 08      4.2     14.9
    Nov 10      5.3     20.2

exercise.png
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    06/11 - 13.5 miles
    07/11 - 10.3 km
    08/11 - 22.2 miles
    09/11 - 10. 4km
    10/11 - 13.2 miles

10k yesterday, awful, very slow, but as decided I didn't put too much effort on it, it's either speed or distance now, butit was very demotivating to see a pace I've never run at before for that kind of 10k

today HM, awful, super super slow, again very demotivating looking at the garmin and consequently in really bad mood, as lots of concerns in my head now - is it time for a rest? is my body telling me I need a week off?

very windy for a week now, I run upwind for a good 80%, it is difficult to not get frustrated

last HMs were very good, my best pace in a couple of months, no fatigue, today extremely tired, so there is no real pattern to make me understand what's clearly going on

for my usual HM in the woods I don't think I'll be able to come home tomorrow if I'll feel like today :neutral: just need to see what happens, in the worst case I will need to walk for a good 5k if I give up :cold_sweat:
  • 9voice9
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Here is the bear my neighbor filmed with this security cameras. Neighbor went out to get the mail close to midnight and the bear ran away but then a few seconds later turns back. Bear has been seen just about every morning and night but is afraid of people (thank goodness), so I try to be noisy while running so bear knows I'm coming. I realized this morning my singing probably sounds like a wounded animal so I had to adjust the tone.

My football team is the Mercer Bears, but I think I'd be VERY not interested in running in the neighborhood with a real one. But I larfed at your "adjust the tone."
  • 9voice9
    Options
    01-Nov: 2.61 miles (walk)
    02-Nov: 4.47 miles; 1.00 miles (walk)
    03-Nov: 4.45 miles
    04-Nov: <Life Day> but 4.47 miles (walk)
    05-Nov: 3.27 miles; 3.00 miles (walk)
    06-Nov: 3.56 miles; 1.75 miles (walk)
    07-Nov: 6.42 miles
    08-Nov: 4.00 miles
    09-Nov: 6.42 miles; 2.56 miles (walk)
    10-Nov: 4.46 miles
    11-Nov: <Life Day>
    12-Nov:
    13-Nov:
    14-Nov:
    15-Nov:
    16-Nov:
    17-Nov:
    18-Nov: <Life Day>
    19-Nov:
    20-Nov:
    21-Nov:
    22-Nov:
    23-Nov:
    24-Nov:
    25-Nov: <Life Day>
    26-Nov:
    27-Nov:
    28-Nov:
    29-Nov:
    30-Nov:

Upcoming Races:
    14-Nov: FUMC 5K, Warner Robins, GA
    05-Dec: Reindeer Run 10K, Macon, GA
    16-Jan: Museum of Aviation 5K, Warner Robins, GA
    19-Mar: Cherry Blossom 10K, Macon, GA
    16-Apr: Running for Ronald 5K or 10K, Macon, GA

exercise.png

Staying ahead of pace for my 120/month, so I feel good about that. Temps in the low 50s (which is usual for November), so pulled out the long compression pants and the long-sleeve tee, and the wool gloves (HATE to have cold fingers - 'cause I'm a pianist). Was able to enjoy a couple of good runs over the weekend.

Got some new kicks yesterday (BCG Evade - http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bcg-mens-evade-running-shoes). Did my 4.46 this morning, and they felt good. And they were CHEAP! $20!! I'll let you know if they stay good, but I'm not really a connoisseur (yet), so it might not be especially informed.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for November

11/1 REST DAY
    11/2 10 miles - 10
    11/3 11 miles - 21
    11/4 4 miles - 25 << Recovery Day
    11/5 11 miles - 36 << Threshold Day
    11/6 6.2 miles - 42.2 << Recovery Day
    11/7 15 miles - 57.2 << Long Run (1 week till Huntsville Half)
    11/8 REST DAY
    11/9 REST DAY
    11/10 7 miles - 64.2 << Brueggers taper run (.5 w/u, 2.5 ~ghmp, 4 easy)

exercise.png

• ShanazAsiya
    ShanazAsiya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, who lives in new jersey? ;)
  • ShanazAsiya
    ShanazAsiya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Here is the bear my neighbor filmed with this security cameras. Neighbor went out to get the mail close to midnight and the bear ran away but then a few seconds later turns back. Bear has been seen just about every morning and night but is afraid of people (thank goodness), so I try to be noisy while running so bear knows I'm coming. I realized this morning my singing probably sounds like a wounded animal so I had to adjust the tone.

My football team is the Mercer Bears, but I think I'd be VERY not interested in running in the neighborhood with a real one. But I larfed at your "adjust the tone."

At least were you live you have a little more then just raccoons I mean I don't want a bear walking around my house but I am getting bored with all these little rodents the usual ones :/:/ . Well to come to think of it I do have deer's.Were do you live :)
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    kareF wrote: »
    Good news.. My physio is going to treat the snapped ligament/avulsion fragment as a bad ankle sprain and he has taped it up. He is happy that I can put weight on it with walking when I need to. A few times I have gone to pick up after my little boy and lent to the side a bit or put my weight on the back of my foot accidentally and I can definitely feel it.. but I can walk on it so that's something! Lots of flexing to do this week to help strengthen muscles. No weight-bearing exercise all week and no running for 6 weeks.. but I am getting away with just taping it up so I'm happy I have escaped a moonboot! I have already marked 6 weeks on the calendar.. Already going stir-crazy!!

Thanks again for well wishes!

@shanaber I love that photo of your dogs on the beach! So gorgeous!!

Edited to add: Physio is happy I'm getting Asics Cumulus runners - says the extra ankle support will not go astray after this :sweat_smile:

Great news that it is treatable and that he will hopefully get you back on track soon. :-)
    brandy79tx wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Glad I stumbled a cross this site. I am in need of some motivation. Since it is already the 9th, I will throw 60 miles out there. I am not a huge runner, so we will see how if I can progress.

Welcome aboard. Stick with us and I am almost guarentee progress.
    Hi, Everyone I love the way you guys are so motivated It always seems like no one gets tired in this group one thing that I am happy about is I have found a partner to run with or walk/run twice a week. I would love to try a marathon but it never happened because all thru my life I was moving and finnaly I stoped and were I stoped they don't have marathons but I found other great things that I can do mostly they are for women but some are for women and men. :) Yoga any one? B)

Having a group or partner to run with is always a great thing. @JoRocka in this group I think lives around you. And @kristinegift is studying at Princeton and may help you find a marathon to run in.

Little by little the runs are getting easier. Hoping to add 10% to my distance next week. Found out that I'll be out of the running game from 11/24-12/15. Boo.
    Why out of the running game?

ewrook wrote: »
    Slow start this month. Runny nose and early dark have been challenges.

Hope you feel better soon.
    I realized this morning my singing probably sounds like a wounded animal so I had to adjust the tone.

I am sorry. I had to laugh at this one. My singing (even when not running) is not so good.

Skip will entertain any school that will give her money, we can be brought very easily LOL

@kristinegift I giggled at your comment to @stoshew71 that he'll kill the HM this weekend, of course he will he's trained so hard. I'm just begging him not to lap me ha ha! He could probably run the race then start over and pass me before I'm done. But this is the thing I like about the running community, I'll be so happy for him and his race and he'll be happy for me and mine.

Hahaha and yup. The running community is awesome.