A good heart rate monitor?

Options
Tamm04
Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
I don't know much about them but seems everyone has one! What should I be looking for and what one do you recommend? I am on a small budget, so anything reliable and not too expensive would be great.

Replies

• got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping in on this post too. I've been reading a lot about HRMs on this site, but don't know much about them. There are so many varieties, I'd love to hear what other people recommend. Would really like one that can go in the water too! Thanks for starting the post Tamm04!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 with the chest-strap. runs about $65
  • rbarragato412
    rbarragato412 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Polar FT4. Not only is it awesome to help me figure out how to maximize my calorie burn, but it motivates me to keep going!
    I got it on amazon for 71.00, that includes shipping.
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft4 and its nice. I think my husband had a timex and liked it at one time...
  • cyndilie
    cyndilie Posts: 52
    Options
    Polar FT7, bought it at Academy about a month ago for about $90. Worth it! I have been using MFP calorie burned calculations and also going by the meters on my treadmill and Healthrider, which were both overestimating the amount of actual calories burned. I am glad I was not eating back all the calories burned before I got the Polar FT7, otherwise, I would have been eating way too much.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Go with Polar as they are definitely the best in this space and for starting out a good entry piece is the FT4 or FT7. You will have to get used to wearing the chest strap but its a quick transition. I love HRM's and have been wearing them over 10+ years and they are great for keeping you on track and helping hit goals. Good luck!