My life altering nsv

Options
Toria718
Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
I never thought that I was a stress eater or binger. I found out today I was wrong. In a stressful moment I found myself wanting to get a massive amount of food in my face....after 3 rolos and a cookie and a half I stopped mid bite when I asked myself a) what I was stressed about? and b) was the food going to make me feel any better? I decided that ruining my day was going to make me feel worse, so instead I went for a run. 2 times today I stopped mid food and put it down (the other time was went I was eating a quick breakfast pop tart, I gave half of it to my husband because it wasn't at all satisfying and made me ill).
My nsv is that I have been at this for a long time, half assing my way through but along the ways habits formed and when my brain kicked in and said, "dude wtf are you doing?!" I realized that I am serious this time. I will never be this size again because I am worth it and my life is worth living.
Thank you for taking the time to read what is for me a complete game changer for me during this process of becoming a better me.

Laura

Replies

• Mae0217
    Mae0217 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is truly awesome.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Those are the moments that really give us the confidence we need to keep giong for the long haul. Soon you will be stopping yourself before you even take a single bite!

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Twice in the past week, I ate way too much at lunch and really started to feel over whelmed and angry at myself for going over on my calories.

Then at dinner, when before I would have eaten a full size dinner like normal, I realized that I could just skip dinner or have a small amount of food and still end within my limits!

This probably makes some of you think, well duh, but for me, it was a breakthrough!
  • mbarmuta
    mbarmuta Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Well done, you have to recognise a problem to fix it.
  • winn9524
    winn9524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Very thoughtful! Thanks for sharing
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    So great! You CAN do this and you ARE worth it!!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,502 Member
    Options
    Love it when that "click" happens, and life turns in a better direction! Go, you!
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the support :) lol i read that last line...i wrote it on my phone and didn't proof read, I should have, it sounds silly. Between my husband and myself starting new jobs on monday and this epiphany I feel like my life is finally on track and I will end up where I need to be.
  • ZeXea
    ZeXea Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! I was doing very well, then one day I got stressful news. The second I left work to when I went to bed, I stress ate. I just ate and ate because I couldnt figure out what else to do. Ugh.
    It's hard for me to put it down. Great job that you did :)!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are now in control of your food, not the other way around.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thank you so much for this. I have ridden that roller coaster so many times.I know how hard it is. Good for you I'm happy for you!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lass :-)
  • takingcareofus
    takingcareofus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!