New here

Options
toddhogsed
toddhogsed Posts: 95 Member
edited October 2015 in Success Stories
Hey everyone! My name is Todd. I'm 36 years old. I'm from Charlotte, NC. Married and have a boxer dog named Mocha. She's coming up on 10 years old.

I started out at close to 230 and am down to 190. I have 15 more pounds to hit my goal. I enjoy sports. Mostly basketball, football and soccer, but will play any sport. I work out at home and I just began doing Crossfit 3 times a week (except this week). I'm really starting to get into running, well jogging

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    You are doing very well :-)
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    You are doing very well :-)

Thank you! I'm trying too.

• lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Todd,
    Congrats on weight kids thus far. I started running in May for the first time ever. I love it. I'm slow but still love it. I like doing interval Sprints. It helped me with increasing my pace.
    On average I can do a 5K in 38-39 mins. I did my first official 5K race a few weeks ago and did it in 31mins!!
    I'm doing my 2nd race tomorrow. I'm
    Hooked!! I got my husband and sister to do it too.
    Good luck and keep up the good work.
    You can friends me if you want.

I've lost close to 60lbs. Workout 5-6 X week and eat well. Always looking for good mfp friends.
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just Reread my post, I hate autocorrect. Weight loss not kids
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the great work. I'm just about an hour up 85 from you. Got 2 boxers - gotta love those boxers.

Charlotte has a great running community and a lot of great races with good people. Get involved with them and they will be a really encouraging resource for you. Also Charlotte Running Company over by Northlake Mall is a great store and very helpful. Run For Your Life is another good running store. Just be warned - running is addictive!
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    lavrn03 wrote: »
    Todd,
    Congrats on weight kids thus far. I started running in May for the first time ever. I love it. I'm slow but still love it. I like doing interval Sprints. It helped me with increasing my pace.
    On average I can do a 5K in 38-39 mins. I did my first official 5K race a few weeks ago and did it in 31mins!!
    I'm doing my 2nd race tomorrow. I'm
    Hooked!! I got my husband and sister to do it too.
    Good luck and keep up the good work.
    You can friends me if you want.

I've lost close to 60lbs. Workout 5-6 X week and eat well. Always looking for good mfp friends.

Thanks! That's awesome about the weight loss and a great 5k time! I'm hoping I get addicted! I was very involved in sports growing up, so I miss the active part. I had ACL surgery about 14 years ago and never got back into active things. Finally getting there. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    Way to go! Keep up the great work. I'm just about an hour up 85 from you. Got 2 boxers - gotta love those boxers.

Charlotte has a great running community and a lot of great races with good people. Get involved with them and they will be a really encouraging resource for you. Also Charlotte Running Company over by Northlake Mall is a great store and very helpful. Run For Your Life is another good running store. Just be warned - running is addictive!

Thank you! Boxers are the greatest bread there is! Haha! I biased though. I've had many breeds growing up, but by far, the boxer is the best!

I will eventually join a running group. I just want to get to where I can run longer distance before so I don't embarrass myself. Haha! Thanks for the encouragement and the running choices.

• antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Good job! If you just started crossfit you probably will be to your goal really soon! Keep up the good work :)
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    Good job! If you just started crossfit you probably will be to your goal really soon! Keep up the good work :)

Thank you! Yeah, Crossfit is really pushing me. It's exactly what I needed.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome start! Keep getting it.
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Awesome start! Keep getting it.

Thank you! It's hard, but I'm surprised I've pushed myself this long.
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good job! You are doing great. I really want to get into running 5k's but have never been a runner. I am skeered..lol
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :) I started running this past spring, I'm super slow but I can go for at least 45 minutes, furthest I've ever run was 5 1/2 miles. I've fallen off the wagon and hope to get back on and maintain until spring when I can get outside and run again. :)

What types of workouts do you do with crossfit? I'm interested in changing things up a bit and was wondering what that's all about. :)
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    TinaGA2015 wrote: »
    Good job! You are doing great. I really want to get into running 5k's but have never been a runner. I am skeered..lol

Thank you! Don't be skeered! Haha! I was at first, but I worked myself slowly into it. I would run for a little bit, then walk and repeat until I could run longer. You can do it!
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    Great job!!! :) I started running this past spring, I'm super slow but I can go for at least 45 minutes, furthest I've ever run was 5 1/2 miles. I've fallen off the wagon and hope to get back on and maintain until spring when I can get outside and run again. :)

What types of workouts do you do with crossfit? I'm interested in changing things up a bit and was wondering what that's all about. :)

Thank you! I'm a slow runner also. Nothing wrong with that. Wow! 5 1/2 miles straight? That's great! I ran 2 miles yesterday, but they were separated with walking in between.

Crossfit is very set on how many you can do in the shortest amount of time. Basically you have stations ( others are different) and you have 3 to 4 different types of excersizes (burpees, up downs, lunges). I started out doing 10 sets of 7-10 depending on the exercise. They want you to keep your form (at least that's what they tell you), but you usually can't because it works you till you can't do anymore and form becomes lost, which isn't good. So just be careful about keeping your form or you can ruin your back easily. It's a great push workout though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!