Walking to Mordor Challenge

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,878 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween everyone. I would love to walk among elves and unicorns. ;)

Shelley
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I wanna!!!
  • pcrucifer
    pcrucifer Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Not all who wander are lost. Count me in as one of the Fellowship.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    pcrucifer wrote: »
    Not all who wander are lost. Count me in as one of the Fellowship.

Nice :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting.
  • kcpiegirl
    kcpiegirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    May I join in? I'm normally just a lurker on MFP but this is fun enough to get me out of lurkdom :-)
  • NicolaMichelle93
    NicolaMichelle93 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    kcpiegirl wrote: »
    May I join in? I'm normally just a lurker on MFP but this is fun enough to get me out of lurkdom :-)

Of course! The more the merrier.
    I've accepted you into the group, welcome :smiley:
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    I would also like to volunteer for this epic quest! Please add me to the group. :)
  • NicolaMichelle93
    Options
    I would also like to volunteer for this epic quest! Please add me to the group. :)

Added you to the spreadsheet and you should have an invitation to the group :blush:
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Good morning quest mates. Yesterday, I finally made it out of Bag End.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Add me please, I am a walker and probably more Elf like than Hobbit ... and I walk a lot

The road goes ever on and on......
  • NicolaMichelle93
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Good morning quest mates. Yesterday, I finally made it out of Bag End.
    A scary step out of the shire :P True adventures await!
    markiend wrote: »
    Add me please, I am a walker and probably more Elf like than Hobbit ... and I walk a lot

The road goes ever on and on......

You've been added to the spreadsheet and sent an invitation to the group. Welcome!
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this. I do a lot of walking but don't log it all the time. Does this include just recreational and exercise walking or does walking at work count as well?
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I have a pedometer and log my total distance for the day.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    @NicolaMichelle93 and @cpanus how do you get in so much distance? It's been two days are you're at 11.14 and 17.58 already.

I've just started using a pedometer and am looking for ways to up my distance, which is currently mostly coming from walking for 45-50 minutes at lunch. I know about parking far away from a destination, but I work from home and often don't go anywhere other than out for my walk. Maybe I'll take laps around the house periodically, lol.
  • NicolaMichelle93
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »
    I'm up for this. I do a lot of walking but don't log it all the time. Does this include just recreational and exercise walking or does walking at work count as well?

I'd say intentional walking miles/ steps although if you track steps and such throughout the day (such as at work) you could include those too :) It's completely up to you what you include and to your goals. Any sort of walking/ running is game.
    Added you to the spreadsheet and a group invite is on the way!
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @NicolaMichelle93 and @cpanus how do you get in so much distance? It's been two days are you're at 11.14 and 17.58 already.

I've just started using a pedometer and am looking for ways to up my distance, which is currently mostly coming from walking for 45-50 minutes at lunch. I know about parking far away from a destination, but I work from home and often don't go anywhere other than out for my walk. Maybe I'll take laps around the house periodically, lol.

I did an 8 mile Trail Run and a 3 mile walk the following day. May go out later too for a wander :P I also always try and walk instead of getting the bus when I can. But not when it's raining. Bleh to English weather!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'd like to join you. I love LOTR!

Added my name to the spreadsheet. Do you just do a running total yourself?
  • NicolaMichelle93
    Options
    I'd like to join you. I love LOTR!

Added my name to the spreadsheet. Do you just do a running total yourself?

Yep. Every mile you complete, just update it next to your name on the spreadsheet :)
    Welcome to the quest!
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options

I'd say intentional walking miles/ steps although if you track steps and such throughout the day (such as at work) you could include those too :) It's completely up to you what you include and to your goals. Any sort of walking/ running is game.
    Added you to the spreadsheet and a group invite is on the way!

Thanks! I ask because I usually walk two or three miles a day at work. I think maybe I'll do like exercise calories and add all intentional walking and maybe half of work walking.
  • wilsonn9
    wilsonn9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can I join?