Unexpected NSV

Options
kgb6days
kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
I am so stinking pumped I can hardly stand it. I've lost 20 lbs over the summer, just eating clean and utilizing intermittent fasting. I've also been running 3-4 times a week, training for a half marathon and helping a friend to train for her first HM. No work on speed mind you. However the last 3 weekends I've been involved in races. This past weekend a 10K, the weekend before that the HM, and the weekend before that a 5K. I PR'ed all three races - three different distances and without doing any kind of speed work. 3 minutes off the 5K, 10 minutes off the HM, and 4 minutes off the 10K. Now I'm off the run ......

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    High five!! You should be pumped!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    WWell done indeed :-)
  • winn9524
    winn9524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just walked in to salon. Picking up wifey .All the girls just stopped what they were doing and smiling at me. That certainly wouldn't have happened before I lost 60 pounds and was working out like I do NOW.Got to love it !! Carrying on the journey is Amazing!! Keep on working hard Fit friends!***
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Well that worked out well. Were your previous PR's when you were at a similar weight?

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Well that worked out well. Were your previous PR's when you were at a similar weight?

Actually the 5K was, but the HM and 10K I was 10 lbs heavier.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    ADD me
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    robertw486 wrote: »

Actually the 5K was, but the HM and 10K I was 10 lbs heavier.

I figured you probably already considered the weight factor.... but still had to ask. But in any case, that makes the NSV sweeter still!

I think as mileage adds up, endurance and the cardio capabilities grow enough to support the quicker paces when you push more. I'm not currently a runner, but it seems on the bike that just logging miles pays off when I'm in the mood to nail some quicker miles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!